Pancreatitis and drugs of ingredients of loratadine - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pancreatitis is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of loratadine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 115,476 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of loratadine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Alavert, Children's claritin, Claritin, Claritin hives relief, Claritin hives relief reditab, Claritin reditabs, Loratadine, Loratadine redidose.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
115,476 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of loratadine.
Among them, 388 people (0.34%) have Pancreatitis
What is Pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) is found to be associated with 2,591 drugs and 1,921 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of loratadine when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 35.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.65 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 29.41 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.88 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.88 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking drugs with ingredients of loratadine *:
- female: 62.83 %
- male: 37.17 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking drugs with ingredients of loratadine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.79 %
- 10-19: 8.98 %
- 20-29: 6.19 %
- 30-39: 9.29 %
- 40-49: 26.93 %
- 50-59: 19.81 %
- 60+: 26.01 %
Conditions people have *:
- Pain: 42 people, 10.82%
- High Blood Pressure: 30 people, 7.73%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 29 people, 7.47%
- Hypersensitivity: 27 people, 6.96%
- Depression: 27 people, 6.96%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 21 people, 5.41%
- Asthma: 19 people, 4.90%
- Stress And Anxiety: 19 people, 4.90%
- Diabetes: 16 people, 4.12%
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 15 people, 3.87%
Other drugs people take *:
- Protonix: 64 people, 16.49%
- Singulair: 41 people, 10.57%
- Seroquel: 38 people, 9.79%
- Prilosec: 36 people, 9.28%
- Albuterol: 35 people, 9.02%
- Ambien: 32 people, 8.25%
- Norvasc: 32 people, 8.25%
- Prevacid: 31 people, 7.99%
- Neurontin: 28 people, 7.22%
- Flonase: 28 people, 7.22%
Other side effects people have besides Pancreatitis *:
- Abdominal Pain: 55 people, 14.18%
- Chest Pain: 47 people, 12.11%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 45 people, 11.60%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 44 people, 11.34%
- Pain: 44 people, 11.34%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 42 people, 10.82%
- Stress And Anxiety: 40 people, 10.31%
- Diarrhea: 38 people, 9.79%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 37 people, 9.54%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 36 people, 9.28%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sirkeci, ?., Sirkeci, E. E., & Ta?el, B. , "Rivaroxaban-induced acute pancreatitis", The European Research Journal, 2018 Jan .
- Liao, K. F., Huang, P. T., Lin, C. C., Lin, C. L., & Lai, S. W., "Fluvastatin use and risk of acute pancreatitis: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", Biomedicine, 2014 Jan .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
Drugs with ingredients of loratadine, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on loratadine. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ambien and Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion - 9 seconds ago
- Haldol and Erection Problems - 29 seconds ago
- Abdominal Pain and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - 41 seconds ago
- Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride And Atropine Sulfate vs. Bentyl - 51 seconds ago
- Concerta and Folvite drug interaction - a minute ago
- Clonidine and Hepatic Calcification - a minute ago
- Zileuton and Hypertension Aggravated - a minute ago
- Desmopressin Acetate and Septic Shock - a minute ago
- Isotretinoin and Bactrim drug interaction - a minute ago
- Turmeric and Infusion Site Irritation - a minute ago