Gastrointestinal stoma complication and drugs of ingredients of losartan potassium - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal stoma complication is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 180,743 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Cozaar, Losartan, Losartan potassium.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
180,743 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium.
Among them, 14 people (0.01%) have Gastrointestinal stoma complication
What is Gastrointestinal stoma complication?
Gastrointestinal stoma complication (complication of an opening surgically made in digestive tract) is found to be associated with 561 drugs and 277 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium when people have Gastrointestinal stoma complication *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal stoma complication when taking drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium *:
- female: 70 %
- male: 30 %
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal stoma complication when taking drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 50 %
Conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 7 people, 50.00%
- Systemic Candida (whole body fungal infection): 5 people, 35.71%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 3 people, 21.43%
- Indigestion: 2 people, 14.29%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 2 people, 14.29%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 14.29%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 2 people, 14.29%
- Depression: 2 people, 14.29%
- Cough: 1 person, 7.14%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 7.14%
Other drugs people take *:
- Metoclopramide: 5 people, 35.71%
- Ketoprofen: 5 people, 35.71%
- Ipratropium Bromide: 5 people, 35.71%
- Linezolid: 5 people, 35.71%
- Lorazepam: 5 people, 35.71%
- Humira: 5 people, 35.71%
- Metronidazole: 5 people, 35.71%
- Fluconazole: 5 people, 35.71%
- Morphine: 5 people, 35.71%
- Famotidine: 5 people, 35.71%
Other side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal stoma complication *:
- Gastrointestinal Perforation (hole in the digestive tract): 6 people, 42.86%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 5 people, 35.71%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 5 people, 35.71%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 21.43%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 21.43%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 14.29%
- Migraine (headache): 2 people, 14.29%
- Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle): 2 people, 14.29%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 14.29%
- Aortic Aneurysm Rupture (enlarged aortic artery rapture caused by a weakening of the artery wall): 2 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
Drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on losartan potassium. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Imdur and Dilatation Ventricular - 10 seconds ago
- Linzess and Loperamide Hydrochloride drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Buscopan and Crestor drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Peripheral Neuropathy and Respiratory Acidosis - 15 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Condyloma Acuminatum - 15 seconds ago
- Unisom and Memory Loss - 19 seconds ago
- Multiple Myeloma and Pulmonary Sepsis - 22 seconds ago
- Hyperparathyroidism Primary and Tetany - 22 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Dinitrate and Urination - Excessive At Night - 32 seconds ago
- Atracurium Besylate and Ventricular Tachycardia - 35 seconds ago