Guillain barre syndrome and drugs of ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Guillain barre syndrome is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drugs for 1 - 6 months. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 122,982 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Cellcept, Mycophenolate mofetil.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
122,982 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil.
Among them, 140 people (0.11%) have Guillain barre syndrome
What is Guillain barre syndrome?
Guillain barre syndrome (the body's immune system attacks its peripheral nervous system) is found to be associated with 1,164 drugs and 690 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil when people have Guillain barre syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 83.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 16.67 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Guillain barre syndrome when taking drugs with ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil *:
- female: 26.61 %
- male: 73.39 %
Age of people who have Guillain barre syndrome when taking drugs with ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.93 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7800000000000002 %
- 30-39: 22.22 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 30.56 %
- 60+: 26.85 %
Conditions people have *:
- Immunodeficiency Disorders: 22 people, 15.71%
- Transplant Rejection (a transplant material is not worked): 12 people, 8.57%
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (joint inflammation in children due to systemic disease): 12 people, 8.57%
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen: 11 people, 7.86%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 9 people, 6.43%
- Septic Shock (shock due to blood infection): 9 people, 6.43%
- Opportunistic Infection (a microorganism that normally does not cause disease but becomes pathogenic when the body's immune system is impaired and unable to fight): 9 people, 6.43%
- Cytomegalovirus Infection: 9 people, 6.43%
- Immune Tolerance Induction: 4 people, 2.86%
- Nephrotic Syndrome (kidney disease with proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, and oedema): 3 people, 2.14%
Other drugs people take *:
- Tacrolimus: 27 people, 19.29%
- Prednisolone: 23 people, 16.43%
- Prograf: 15 people, 10.71%
- Cyclosporine: 12 people, 8.57%
- Ciclosporin: 9 people, 6.43%
- Bactrim: 8 people, 5.71%
- Cordarone: 8 people, 5.71%
- Amlodipine: 6 people, 4.29%
- Metformin: 6 people, 4.29%
- Methylprednisolone: 5 people, 3.57%
Other side effects people have besides Guillain barre syndrome *:
- Weakness: 19 people, 13.57%
- Cytomegalovirus Infection: 19 people, 13.57%
- Herpes Zoster: 13 people, 9.29%
- Cytomegalovirus Viraemia (cytomegalo virus in blood stream): 11 people, 7.86%
- Drug Ineffective: 10 people, 7.14%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 10 people, 7.14%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 9 people, 6.43%
- Human Herpesvirus 6 Infection: 9 people, 6.43%
- Fever: 8 people, 5.71%
- Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (disorder that affects the nerves outside of the brain and spinal cord (peripheral nerves)): 7 people, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mycophenolate mofetil. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Phentermine and Buprenorphine drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Nicotine Polacrilex and Application Site Urticaria - 8 seconds ago
- Singulair and Peripheral Vascular Disorder - 11 seconds ago
- Eulexin and Fainting - 12 seconds ago
- Sublimaze Preservative Free and Avapro drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Homicide - 21 seconds ago
- Effexor and Neurosensory Hypoacusis - 23 seconds ago
- Muscle Atrophy in Baclofen, how severe and when it was recovered? - 31 seconds ago
- Duragesic-50 and Chest Pain - 31 seconds ago
- Vistaril and Tikosyn drug interaction - 35 seconds ago