Brain midline shift and drugs of ingredients of nifedipine - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Brain midline shift is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of nifedipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79,982 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of nifedipine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Adalat, Adalat cc, Afeditab cr, Nifedipine, Procardia, Procardia xl.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
79,982 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of nifedipine.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Brain midline shift
What is Brain midline shift?
Brain midline shift is found to be associated with 342 drugs and 187 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of nifedipine when people have Brain midline shift *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Brain midline shift when taking drugs with ingredients of nifedipine *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Brain midline shift when taking drugs with ingredients of nifedipine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 16.67 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Conditions people have *:
- Leukocytosis (increased white blood cells): 3 people, 50.00%
- Hypertensive Crisis: 3 people, 50.00%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 50.00%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 3 people, 50.00%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 3 people, 50.00%
- Renovascular Hypertension (a syndrome which consists of high blood pressure caused by the kidneys hormonal response): 1 person, 16.67%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 16.67%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 16.67%
- Glioblastoma (most common and most aggressive malignant primary brain tumour in humans): 1 person, 16.67%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 1 person, 16.67%
Other drugs people take *:
- Metformin: 3 people, 50.00%
- Capoten: 3 people, 50.00%
- Hydrea: 3 people, 50.00%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 33.33%
- Melphalan: 2 people, 33.33%
- Decadron: 2 people, 33.33%
- Oxybutynin: 2 people, 33.33%
- Glipizide: 1 person, 16.67%
- Meclizine Hydrochloride: 1 person, 16.67%
- Macrobid: 1 person, 16.67%
Other side effects people have besides Brain midline shift *:
- Brain Oedema (excess accumulation of fluid in the intracellular or extracellular spaces of the brain): 6 people, 100.00%
- Enterococcal Sepsis: 3 people, 50.00%
- Necrotising Colitis (inflammation in the intestines (usually the colon) that can be life-threatening): 3 people, 50.00%
- Cerebral Haematoma (collection of blood in brain): 3 people, 50.00%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain): 3 people, 50.00%
- Escherichia Sepsis (bacterial infection by escherichia coli): 3 people, 50.00%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 2 people, 33.33%
- Weakness: 1 person, 16.67%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 16.67%
- Haemorrhagic Transformation Stroke (haemorrhages develop inside areas of ischemia): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of nifedipine, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nifedipine. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Azasan and Liver Disorder - a second ago
- Azasan and Insomnia - 4 seconds ago
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and drugs of ingredients of chlorpheniramine maleate; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride - 5 seconds ago
- Acyclovir and Clavicle Fracture - 6 seconds ago
- Taxol and Lacrimation Decreased - 8 seconds ago
- Azasan and Appetite - Decreased - 9 seconds ago
- Azasan and Appetite Decreased - 9 seconds ago
- Zoloft and Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukaemia - 9 seconds ago
- Sandostatin and Myasthenia Gravis - 10 seconds ago
- Prolia and Muscle Strain - 13 seconds ago