Dupuytren's contracture and drugs of ingredients of nifedipine - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of nifedipine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for 1 - 6 months. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79,982 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of nifedipine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Adalat, Adalat cc, Afeditab cr, Nifedipine, Procardia, Procardia xl.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
79,982 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of nifedipine.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 443 drugs and 204 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of nifedipine when people have Dupuytren's contracture *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking drugs with ingredients of nifedipine *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking drugs with ingredients of nifedipine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Conditions people have *:
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 3 people, 50.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 33.33%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 1 person, 16.67%
- Constipation: 1 person, 16.67%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 1 person, 16.67%
- Enterocolitis (inflammation of the digestive tract, involving enteritis of the small intestine and colitis of the colon): 1 person, 16.67%
- Eye Inflammation: 1 person, 16.67%
- Fever: 1 person, 16.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 16.67%
Other drugs people take *:
- Zestril: 3 people, 50.00%
- Multihance: 3 people, 50.00%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 3 people, 50.00%
- Magnevist: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lovastatin: 3 people, 50.00%
- Vicodin: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lopressor: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lisinopril: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lidex: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lasix: 3 people, 50.00%
Other side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Pain: 5 people, 83.33%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 66.67%
- Weakness: 3 people, 50.00%
- Onychomadesis (a periodic idiopathic shedding of the nails): 3 people, 50.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 3 people, 50.00%
- Fibrosis (formation of excess fibrous connective tissue in an organ or tissue): 3 people, 50.00%
- Ischaemic Ulcer (arterial ulcer): 3 people, 50.00%
- Joint Contracture (a permanent shortening of a muscle or joint): 3 people, 50.00%
- Joint Range Of Motion Decreased (disease of joint movement): 3 people, 50.00%
- Joint Swelling: 3 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of nifedipine, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nifedipine. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.