Dupuytren's contracture and drugs of ingredients of nitroglycerin - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of nitroglycerin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old . This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 68,804 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of nitroglycerin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Gonitro, Minitran, Nitro iv, Nitro-bid, Nitro-dur, Nitroglycerin, Nitroglycerin in dextrose 5%, Nitrol, Nitrolingual, Nitrolingual pumpspray, Nitromist, Nitronal, Nitrostat, Transderm-nitro, Tridil.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
68,804 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of nitroglycerin.
Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 459 drugs and 212 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking drugs with ingredients of nitroglycerin *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking drugs with ingredients of nitroglycerin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Conditions people have *:
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 3 people, 42.86%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 3 people, 42.86%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 14.29%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 14.29%
- Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (a common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp): 1 person, 14.29%
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms: 1 person, 14.29%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 14.29%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 14.29%
- Enlarged Prostate: 1 person, 14.29%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 1 person, 14.29%
Other drugs people take *:
- Zyrtec: 3 people, 42.86%
- Keflex: 3 people, 42.86%
- Mevacor: 3 people, 42.86%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 3 people, 42.86%
- Magnevist: 3 people, 42.86%
- Lovastatin: 3 people, 42.86%
- Lopressor: 3 people, 42.86%
- Lisinopril: 3 people, 42.86%
- Lidex: 3 people, 42.86%
- Lasix: 3 people, 42.86%
Other side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 6 people, 85.71%
- Joint Swelling: 5 people, 71.43%
- Weakness: 4 people, 57.14%
- Joint Range Of Motion Decreased (disease of joint movement): 4 people, 57.14%
- Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced): 4 people, 57.14%
- Depression: 4 people, 57.14%
- Pain: 3 people, 42.86%
- Joint Contracture (a permanent shortening of a muscle or joint): 3 people, 42.86%
- Muscle Contracture (a permanent shortening of a muscle): 3 people, 42.86%
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease): 3 people, 42.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of nitroglycerin, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nitroglycerin. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Xgeva and Azopt drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Arthritis and Device Occlusion - 4 seconds ago
- Ambien and Chorioretinopathy - 5 seconds ago
- Everolimus and Coronary Artery Occlusion - 6 seconds ago
- Fenofibrate and Procedural Hypotension - 8 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Enterovesical Fistula - 9 seconds ago
- Depression and Electrocardiogram T Wave Inversion - 10 seconds ago
- Bexarotene and Sepsis - 10 seconds ago
- Lithium Carbonate and Parkinsonism Aggravated - 11 seconds ago
- Viagra and Acute Bilateral Obstructive Uropathy - 11 seconds ago