Psoriasis and drugs of ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for 1 - 6 months. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 181,107 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Crestor, Ezallor, Ezallor sprinkle, Rosuvastatin calcium.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
181,107 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium.
Among them, 1,387 people (0.77%) have Psoriasis
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,385 drugs and 1,614 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium when people have Psoriasis *:
- < 1 month: 15.79 %
- 1 - 6 months: 52.63 %
- 6 - 12 months: 15.79 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.26 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10.53 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium *:
- female: 63.63 %
- male: 36.37 %
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.1 %
- 30-39: 1.07 %
- 40-49: 11.99 %
- 50-59: 38.89 %
- 60+: 47.95 %
Conditions people have *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 324 people, 23.36%
- High Blood Pressure: 187 people, 13.48%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 128 people, 9.23%
- Migraine (headache): 127 people, 9.16%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 112 people, 8.07%
- Diabetes: 72 people, 5.19%
- Pain: 71 people, 5.12%
- Microalbuminuria (albumin into the urine): 43 people, 3.10%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 41 people, 2.96%
- Depression: 38 people, 2.74%
Other drugs people take *:
- Humira: 402 people, 28.98%
- Otezla: 377 people, 27.18%
- Cosentyx: 260 people, 18.75%
- Metformin: 253 people, 18.24%
- Amlodipine: 240 people, 17.30%
- Stelara: 163 people, 11.75%
- Synthroid: 161 people, 11.61%
- Dovonex: 161 people, 11.61%
- Enbrel: 121 people, 8.72%
- Methotrexate: 116 people, 8.36%
Other side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
- Drug Ineffective: 300 people, 21.63%
- High Blood Pressure: 243 people, 17.52%
- Pain: 211 people, 15.21%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 196 people, 14.13%
- Itching: 182 people, 13.12%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 178 people, 12.83%
- Migraine (headache): 175 people, 12.62%
- Joint Pain: 167 people, 12.04%
- Depression: 166 people, 11.97%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 164 people, 11.82%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
Drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rosuvastatin calcium. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Telmisartan and Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia Test Positive - 3 seconds ago
- Prograf and Meningococcal Sepsis - 6 seconds ago
- Anaemia Of Chronic Disease and Fever - 19 seconds ago
- Adalat and Ketoprofen drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Vicoprofen and Citalopram Hydrobromide drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Serenoa Repens and Weight Decreased - 26 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Idebenone drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Prohance and Visual Acuity Reduced Transiently - 37 seconds ago
- Copaxone and Oral Candidiasis - 37 seconds ago
- Monistat 3 and Musculoskeletal Disorder - 39 seconds ago