Dupuytren's contracture and drugs of ingredients of secukinumab - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of secukinumab, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old . This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 143,806 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of secukinumab from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Cosentyx.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
143,806 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of secukinumab.
Among them, 7 people (0.0%) have Dupuytren's contracture
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 460 drugs and 212 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking drugs with ingredients of secukinumab *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking drugs with ingredients of secukinumab *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Conditions people have *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 28.57%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 14.29%
Other side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Dizziness: 5 people, 71.43%
- Joint Pain: 4 people, 57.14%
- Dactylitis (dactylitis or sausage digit is inflammation of an entire digit (a finger or toe), and can be painful): 3 people, 42.86%
- Drug Intolerance (drug sensitivity): 3 people, 42.86%
- Glycosylated Haemoglobin Increased: 3 people, 42.86%
- C-Reactive Protein Increased: 3 people, 42.86%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 42.86%
- Joint Ankylosis (a stiffness of a joint due to abnormal adhesion and rigidity of the bones of the joint): 3 people, 42.86%
- Joint Swelling: 3 people, 42.86%
- Iron Binding Capacity Total Decreased: 3 people, 42.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of secukinumab, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on secukinumab. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depakote Er and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - now
- Simvastatin and Copaxone drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Cloxacillin Sodium and Arthritis - 4 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Breast Disorder - 4 seconds ago
- Morphine and Dibenzyline drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Multihance and Back Pain - 5 seconds ago
- Restasis and Cardiac Failure Congestive - 10 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Yersinia Infection - 14 seconds ago
- Eliquis and Burning Sensation - 17 seconds ago
- Epipen and Oedema - 18 seconds ago