Parkinson's disease and drugs of ingredients of simethicone - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Parkinson's disease is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of simethicone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old . This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,915 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of simethicone from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Dimeticone, Mylicon, Simethicone.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,915 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of simethicone.
Among them, 6 people (0.1%) have Parkinson's disease
What is Parkinson's disease?
Parkinson's disease is found to be associated with 1,993 drugs and 1,451 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking drugs with ingredients of simethicone *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking drugs with ingredients of simethicone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Conditions people have *:
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 50.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 50.00%
Other drugs people take *:
- Zonisamide: 1 person, 16.67%
- Xarelto: 1 person, 16.67%
- Aricept: 1 person, 16.67%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Calcium: 1 person, 16.67%
- Combigan: 1 person, 16.67%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 16.67%
- Dantrolene Sodium: 1 person, 16.67%
- Duopa: 1 person, 16.67%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 16.67%
Other side effects people have besides Parkinson's disease *:
- Fall: 4 people, 66.67%
- Swelling: 1 person, 16.67%
- Subdural Haematoma (blood collects between the skull and the surface of the brain): 1 person, 16.67%
- Sleep Attacks: 1 person, 16.67%
- Sedation: 1 person, 16.67%
- Oedema Lower Limb (fluid collection in tissue of lower leg): 1 person, 16.67%
- Muscle Rigidity (muscle stiffness): 1 person, 16.67%
- Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced): 1 person, 16.67%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 16.67%
- Confusion: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Woulfe JM, Gray MT, Gray DA, Munoz DG, Middeldorp JM, "Hypothesis: a role for EBV-induced molecular mimicry in Parkinson's disease", Parkinsonism & related disorders, 2014 Jul .
Drugs with ingredients of simethicone, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simethicone. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Trimethoprim Sulfate And Polymyxin B Sulfate and Losartan drug interaction - a second ago
- Prograf and Prostatitis - a second ago
- Klor-Con and Incontinence - a second ago
- Metoclopramide and Terramycin drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Treanda and Sertraline drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Blood Creatinine Increased and drugs of ingredients of oxybutynin - 25 seconds ago
- Modafinil and Flat Affect - 26 seconds ago
- Omniscan and Oesophageal Ulcer - 28 seconds ago
- Mescaline and Cough - 49 seconds ago
- Timoptic and Metronidazole drug interaction - 50 seconds ago