Rheumatoid arthritis and drugs of ingredients of sodium succinate - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of sodium succinate, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old . This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 145 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of sodium succinate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Sodium acetate, Sodium succinate.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
145 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of sodium succinate.
Among them, 8 people (5.52%) have Rheumatoid arthritis
What is Rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) is found to be associated with 2,822 drugs and 2,028 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking drugs with ingredients of sodium succinate *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking drugs with ingredients of sodium succinate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Conditions people have *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 12.50%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 1 person, 12.50%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 12.50%
Other drugs people take *:
- Plaquenil: 7 people, 87.50%
- Celebrex: 7 people, 87.50%
- Enbrel: 7 people, 87.50%
- Humira: 7 people, 87.50%
- Vimovo: 7 people, 87.50%
- Bactrim: 7 people, 87.50%
- Tofacitinib Citrate: 7 people, 87.50%
- Imuran: 7 people, 87.50%
- Septra: 7 people, 87.50%
- Lyrica: 7 people, 87.50%
Other side effects people have besides Rheumatoid arthritis *:
- Abdominal Pain: 8 people, 100.00%
- Rashes (redness): 8 people, 100.00%
- Lung Disorder (lung disease): 8 people, 100.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 8 people, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 100.00%
- Pain: 8 people, 100.00%
- Dry Mouth: 8 people, 100.00%
- Itching: 8 people, 100.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 8 people, 100.00%
- Cushingoid (obesity and weakening of the muscles): 7 people, 87.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mathai, P. C., Andrade, N. N., Aggarwal, N., Nerurkar, S., & Kapoor, P. , "Low-dose methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis: a potential risk factor for bisphosphonate-induced osteonecrosis of the jaw", Oral and maxillofacial surgery, 2018 Jan .
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin? LAR? depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2017 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
Drugs with ingredients of sodium succinate, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sodium succinate. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Invega Sustenna and Salivary Hypersecretion - 2 seconds ago
- Akineton and Oculogyric Crisis - 11 seconds ago
- Vitamin B and Application Site Scar - 14 seconds ago
- Hypotension in Multaq, how severe and when it was recovered? - 16 seconds ago
- Vitamin B and Application Site Swelling - 21 seconds ago
- Vitamin B and Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) - 21 seconds ago
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride and Myocardial Ischaemia - 21 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow - 24 seconds ago
- Iron Overload and Joint Pain - 26 seconds ago
- Januvia and Urine Odor Abnormal - 28 seconds ago