Aggression and drugs of ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Aggression is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 146,610 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Bactrim, Bactrim ds, Bactrim pediatric, Cotrim, Cotrim d.s., Septra, Septra ds, Septra grape, Sulfamethoprim, Sulfamethoprim-ds, Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim, Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim double strength, Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim single strength, Sulfatrim, Sulfatrim pediatric, Sulfatrim-ds, Sulfatrim-ss, Sulmeprim, Sulmeprim pediatric, Trimeth/sulfa, Uroplus ds, Uroplus ss.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
146,610 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim.
Among them, 238 people (0.16%) have Aggression
What is Aggression?
Aggression is found to be associated with 2,365 drugs and 1,918 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim when people have Aggression *:
- < 1 month: 53.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim *:
- female: 40.34 %
- male: 59.66 %
Age of people who have Aggression when taking drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim *:
- 0-1: 1.0 %
- 2-9: 7.0 %
- 10-19: 4.5 %
- 20-29: 9.0 %
- 30-39: 9.5 %
- 40-49: 18.5 %
- 50-59: 20.0 %
- 60+: 30.5 %
Conditions people have *:
- Hiv Infection: 32 people, 13.45%
- Stress And Anxiety: 20 people, 8.40%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 13 people, 5.46%
- Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells): 13 people, 5.46%
- Depression: 13 people, 5.46%
- Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset): 13 people, 5.46%
- High Blood Pressure: 11 people, 4.62%
- Pain: 11 people, 4.62%
- Psychotic Disorder: 9 people, 3.78%
- Hypomania (a mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity): 9 people, 3.78%
Other drugs people take *:
- Keppra: 19 people, 7.98%
- Amoxicillin: 18 people, 7.56%
- Ondansetron: 17 people, 7.14%
- Kaletra: 15 people, 6.30%
- Fluconazole: 15 people, 6.30%
- Lorazepam: 14 people, 5.88%
- Metformin: 14 people, 5.88%
- Innohep: 13 people, 5.46%
- Morphine: 12 people, 5.04%
- Ceftriaxone: 12 people, 5.04%
Other side effects people have besides Aggression *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 61 people, 25.63%
- Confusional State: 59 people, 24.79%
- Stress And Anxiety: 38 people, 15.97%
- Depression: 35 people, 14.71%
- Confusion: 34 people, 14.29%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 30 people, 12.61%
- Dizziness: 29 people, 12.18%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 29 people, 12.18%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 27 people, 11.34%
- Weakness: 27 people, 11.34%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
- Bactrim ds
- Bactrim pediatric
- Cotrim d.s.
- Septra ds
- Septra grape
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim double strength
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim single strength
- Sulfatrim pediatric
- Sulmeprim pediatric
- Uroplus ds
- Uroplus ss
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Phentermine and Facial Spasm - 4 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium vs. Allegra - 6 seconds ago
- Flonase vs. Amoxil - 8 seconds ago
- Atacand and Zolpidem Tartrate drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Cubicin and Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Aggression and drugs of ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim - 15 seconds ago
- Amoxil vs. Astelin - 17 seconds ago
- Melatonin vs. Amphetamine Salt Combo - 17 seconds ago
- Mucinex D vs. Amoxil - 18 seconds ago
- Dutoprol vs. Crestor - 19 seconds ago