Hi. i am an 18 year old male. i had two grand...Hi. I am an 18 year old male. I had two grand mal seizures about a month ago. Previously, I was completely healthy and had never had a seizure before in my life. Afterwards, I spent two days in the hospital and had a cat scan, mri, and EEG test, all normal. The doctors did not know the cause of my seizures but said this sometimes happens. I have since read all the causes of seizures, and none really apply to me. The only thing I can come up with is that I had been taking fluconazole for a fungal infection on my index finger for about ten weeks prior to the seizures. I read in the literature that this medication can cause seizures, so I have been wondering about that. I mentioned it to the doctor but he didn't seem to have much of a reaction, concluding my seizures were the result of a "perfect storm" of small factors, such as fatigue, etc. Any thoughts out there about fluconazole triggering seizures in someone who was not seizure prone? Thank you. Add comment Follow a Care Guide Be a Care Guide
- My name is Bruce I have had cocci for 5 yrs I take Fluconazole and folic acid I have lost energy and muscle mass I am 55 Anything I can do for energy Also sleep is hard to come by Thank you Nice to meet you all Hope your feeling well
- Hello I'm Roger and I've had Cocci for 25.5 years and been on Fluconazole for 25 yrs.
- Any drug interaction with oregano oil and Diflucan?
- Hi. I took three days of this pill 3 weeks ago and I had severe upper stomach and right side pain. Unbearable pain. The ultra sound showed nothing but trapped gas. The labs they said showed nothing. But I am still in pain not knowing what to do.
- Hi I was just prescribed fluconazole and I'm currently on 60 mg of methadone. Am I ok to take this antibiotic?
Related support groups
- Support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Grand Mal Convulsion (1 member)
- Support group for people who have Grand Mal Convulsion (3 members)
- Support group for people who take Fluconazole (140 members)