I am a 37 year old female who has been on 100mg...I am a 37 year old female who has been on 100mg Topamax bid for several years to treat bipolar disorder. This is paired with Effexor XR. I've always noticed some aphasia and short term memory difficulties, but lately it has worsened. I have driven in circles around blocks trying to remember where I was trying to go. Just yesterday I was driving down the highway and forgot where I was and where I was going? Is this some sort of amnesia? or just some more silly memory loss from Topamax? Any one who has gone through med changes for bipolar disorder know how hard it is to change and find the right one! Merissa Add comment Follow a Care Guide Be a Care Guide
- Hi my name is Kim, 51 yrs. I have been taking 100 mg Topamax for migraines along with 225mg Effexor. Increased appetite is a problem
- Hi. I have been taking Topamax for about 4 years since a migrainous stroke, to prevent migraine. I have noticed so many things: brain fog, working memory loss and loss of ability to read and remember/study (all of which could be attributed to the stroke so it's hard to pinpoint) but also really...
- Hi, my name is gigi been struggling with pain for twenty years, found out now less than 4 mos I have Fibromyalgia.
- cancer sure sucks had no idea what I was getting into have an IV port, love it! trouble driving and walking now had bronchiospasm attack, think the Eloxatin caused it, sensitivity to cold is awful!! had eloxatin accumulate under medical alert bracelet and it blistered my...
- Hi I mainly try to avoid pain! Have had chronic migraines for 40 years, largely controlled the last 4 when propanalol was added to my menu. Also have severe arthritis in my toes. Hallus rigidus in my great toe led to a hemicap implant 3 years ago. It failed and last summer they fused the...
Related support groups
- Support group for people who take Topamax and have Confusion (1 member)
- Support group for people who have Confusion (125 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax (369 members)