I took allegra for the first time in many many...I took Allegra for the first time in many many years yesterday due to acute chronic rhinitis and a serious asthma attack. I stopped taking Claritin after many years because it became ineffective. The same happened with Zyrtec. I do not tolerate decongestants. I live in south Florida, and my symptoms started with the colder than usual weather last week, and lots of blooming trees and plants. Windows and sliding doors have been open to let in fresh air. I had severe chills and the sweats all last night. However, the histamine blocker is working,so I am going to take another dose today. I used Flonase Sensimist last night too. In combination, they worked pretty well. I hope I don't get the chills again. If I do, I'll stop taking Allegra. Add comment Follow a Care Guide Be a Care Guide
- Don't know for sure, but I lost my sense of smell about 18 months ago. I was taking occasional Allegra for allergies at the time. I have not been able to smell anything since. Any comments ?
- I am 81 years old and had taken Allegra for about a month and it has caused dehydration
- My neck wnd back have knots in them from using allegra. Pollen is so high right now what can i do? I use advil regularly with the pain and still take the allegra. Plus i have been using solan pas patches for the shoulder and neck pain because i cant sleep well - what can i do? Zertec doss t work for me.
- I decided to try Allegra after Claritin seemed to not be helping me much. On the day of the second dose, my left hip and back started to hurt excruciatingly. I could hardly walk. Even resting on that side was uncomfortable! My left leg felt very restless and I generally felt sore. No more...
- At the time of my T.IA., I was an otherwise healthy, fit, 48 year old woman with no known health issues, other than very bad allergies. I had been prescribed Allegra D daily from my allergist. I had used the drug with excellent results for 4 years without problems. I would never miss a...
Related support groups
- Support group for people who have Chills (151 members)
- Support group for people who take Allegra (89 members)