Who have Amnesia when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Amnesia is found among people who take Diflucan and Topamax, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Narcolepsy. This review analyzes which people have Amnesia with Diflucan and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 192 people who have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and find Care Guides.
192 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 6 people (3.13%) have Amnesia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have amnesia *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have amnesia when taking the drugs *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have amnesia when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 66.67 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 33.33%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 1 person, 16.67%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 1 person, 16.67%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 1 person, 16.67%
- Fungal Infection: 1 person, 16.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem: 2 people, 33.33%
- Prilosec: 2 people, 33.33%
- Ambien: 2 people, 33.33%
- Mirtazapine: 1 person, 16.67%
- Janumet: 1 person, 16.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Therapeutic Response Unexpected: 2 people, 33.33%
- Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 33.33%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 33.33%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 506 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAmnesia with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Amnesia (895 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (31 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Amnesia
Drugs that are associated with AmnesiaAmnesia
Could your condition cause AmnesiaAmnesia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Ko KD, Cho BL, "Risedronate-related Localized Amnesia in an Elderly Patient with Osteoporosis", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2012 Dec .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
You may be interested in these posts
- zoloft 50mg for approx 3 years memory seems to be getting worse.
- yes I know what you are talking about
- Yes, I have short term memory loss and take Lisinopril HCTZ.
- Yes, any help for the memory losses,,,,,,I am in the Utica , n y area let me hear from you...
- Wondering if Keppra is responsible for my memory loss.
- What to expect when you take Lansoprazole and St. John'S Wort
- Will you have Quinidine - Serum with Selenium?
- Isradipine and Nicotine drug interaction
- Lactobacillus Bulgaricus and Pantoprazole drug interaction
- How effective is Wellbutrin Sr for Dysthymia?
- How effective is Wellbutrin Sr for Neurotic Depression (Dysthymia)?
- How effective is Wellbutrin Sr for Depression - Chronic?
- How effective is Wellbutrin Sr for Chronic Depression?
- How effective is Wellbutrin Sr for Dysthymic Disorder?
- Will you have Skin Tightness with Acyclovir?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.