Who have Cough when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Cough is found among people who take Diflucan and Topamax, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drugs for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nexium, and have Sinusitis. This review analyzes which people have Cough with Diflucan and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 192 people who have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and find Care Guides.
192 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 10 people (5.21%) have Cough
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have cough *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have cough when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have cough when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 22.22 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 44.44 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 6 people, 60.00%
- Pain: 3 people, 30.00%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 3 people, 30.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 30.00%
- Depression: 3 people, 30.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyrtec: 6 people, 60.00%
- Xopenex: 6 people, 60.00%
- Nexium: 6 people, 60.00%
- Levaquin: 5 people, 50.00%
- Lamictal: 5 people, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 60.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 5 people, 50.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 50.00%
- Drowsiness: 5 people, 50.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 40.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 506 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCough with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Cough (517 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (31 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Cough
Drugs that are associated with CoughCough
Could your condition cause CoughCough
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
You may be interested in these posts
- Yes I have a cold and I need to take something for it but I take Wellbutrin HCL XL 150Mg what can I take for this junk
- Yes hello my name is Heide B and my mother wad given new heart meds back in March of this year after a hospital visit due to a change in her breathing. Well, as it has been said there is about 70 to 80% blockage in two arteries in her heart muscle. Because of this, she has had to start new meds...
- Wondering if the symptoms of coughing while taking Entresto are a tickling in the back of the throat.
- Will cough subside with time?
- When my body gets tohot i cough. I cough so hard i almost pass out. What causes that?
- Triaminic-12 and Acetylsalicylate Lysine drug interaction
- Will you have Cd4 Lymphocytes Increased with Bactrim Ds?
- Will you have Hearing Loss with Cotrim?
- Will you have Loss Of Hearing with Cotrim?
- Will you have Decreased Hearing with Cotrim?
- Will you have Deafness with Cotrim?
- Will you have Liver Function Test Abnormal with Questran?
- Will you have High Cholesterol with Lauricidin?
- Will you have Vascular Pseudoaneurysm with Advil?
- Will you have Stiffness In A Joint with Orap?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.