Who have Hypokalaemia when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Hypokalaemia is reported only by a few people who take Diflucan and Topamax. We study 165 people who have side effects while taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA. Among them, 4 have Hypokalaemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypokalaemia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
165 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 4 people (2.42%) have Hypokalaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have hypokalaemia *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have hypokalaemia when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have hypokalaemia when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 75 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 4 people, 100.00%
- Preventive Health Care: 3 people, 75.00%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 3 people, 75.00%
- Chemotherapy: 3 people, 75.00%
- Antibiotic Therapy: 3 people, 75.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lexapro: 4 people, 100.00%
- Merrem: 3 people, 75.00%
- Benadryl: 3 people, 75.00%
- Ativan: 3 people, 75.00%
- Actigall: 3 people, 75.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 4 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 75.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 75.00%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 3 people, 75.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 3 people, 75.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypokalaemia with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Hypokalaemia (94 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (28 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Hypokalaemia
Drugs that are associated with HypokalaemiaHypokalaemia
Could your condition cause HypokalaemiaHypokalaemia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
Can you answer these questions
- What hypokalemia symptoms are you having from Phentermine.
- Presented with 70% total paralysis. Potassium was 1.7. Muscle enzymes were over 4000. Daily meds before symptoms presented-celexa, ambien, OxyContin, unisom. Consumed 12-15 cans of Coca Cola per day. I have stopped all cokes. What is my prognosis according to other patients with similar symptoms...
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
- My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this...
- I was on Symbicort for about a month and now my potassium levels are so low that I can hardly stand up due to extreme weakness. I stopped using it almost two weeks ago and still have unusual weakness. How long will it take to get back to normal?
You may be interested in these posts
- Voice tremors my mother can hardly speak she has asked me to look up Topamax for her. She is 92 thank you
- Question - why would Clonidine alone cause hypokalemia?
- Not sure if I'm preggo
- My wife's been on topamax for over a year now, and it's ruining our marriage.
- My wbc is 19,000 and I'm convinced its because of the topomax but doctors keep saying infection and want me on antibiotics all the time. I'm fine.
- Will you have Ultrasound Prostate Abnormal with Tobradex?
- Will you have Deep Vein Thrombosis with Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And Msm?
- Will you have Toothaches with Mood Swings?
- Will you have Pain - Tooth Or Teeth with Mood Swings?
- Will you have Dysautonomia with Kerlone?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Tobradex and have Ultrasound Prostate Abnormal?
- Support group for people who take Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And Msm and have Deep Vein Thrombosis?
- Support group for people who have Mood Swings and Toothaches?
- Support group for people who have Mood Swings and Pain - Tooth Or Teeth?
- Support group for people who take Kerlone and have Dysautonomia?
- What to expect when you take Tobradex and have Ultrasound Prostate Abnormal?
- What to expect when you take Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And Msm and have Deep Vein Thrombosis?
- What to expect when you have Mood Swings and Toothaches?
- What to expect when you have Mood Swings and Pain - Tooth Or Teeth?
- What to expect when you take Kerlone and have Dysautonomia?
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Claritin
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Cosentyx
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Zocor, Norvasc, Cardura
- A study for a 21 year old woman who takes Nexplanon
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Xanax, Synthroid, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Coreg, Spironolactone, Azor, Amlodipine; Olmesartan Medoxomil
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.