Who have Hyponatraemia when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Hyponatraemia is reported only by a few people who take Diflucan and Topamax. We study 165 people who have side effects while taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA. Among them, 3 have Hyponatraemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hyponatraemia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
165 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 3 people (1.82%) have Hyponatraemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have hyponatraemia *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have hyponatraemia when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have hyponatraemia when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 100 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Respiratory Disorder (respiratory disease): 3 people, 100.00%
- Preventive Health Care: 3 people, 100.00%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 3 people, 100.00%
- Chemotherapy: 3 people, 100.00%
- Antibiotic Therapy: 3 people, 100.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Versed: 3 people, 100.00%
- Merrem: 3 people, 100.00%
- Lexapro: 3 people, 100.00%
- Desyrel: 3 people, 100.00%
- Benadryl: 3 people, 100.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 100.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 100.00%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 3 people, 100.00%
- Blood Bilirubin Increased: 3 people, 100.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyponatraemia with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Hyponatraemia (61 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (28 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Hyponatraemia
Drugs that are associated with HyponatraemiaHyponatraemia
Could your condition cause HyponatraemiaHyponatraemia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Gota V, Kavathiya K, Doshi K, Gurjar M, Damodaran SE, Noronha V, Joshi A, Prabhash K, "High plasma exposure to pemetrexed leads to severe hyponatremia in patients with advanced non small cell lung cancer receiving pemetrexed-platinum doublet chemotherapy", Cancer management and research, 2015 Jan .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
Can you answer these questions
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
- My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this...
- My doctors recently lowered my Carbamazepine because increased toxicity levels. Then my Psychiatrist added Abilify recently. All the sudden I'm weak and had side pain. I went to my general doctor and she wanted me rushed to the hospital because of low sodium levels in my body and this just...
- i just started topamax and i'm already borderline normal on my kidney function should i keep taking it?
- I did.
You may be interested in these posts
- Voice tremors my mother can hardly speak she has asked me to look up Topamax for her. She is 92 thank you
- Not sure if I'm preggo
- My wife suffered a brain trauma 14 weeks ago She had a seizure when her sodium level dipped to 113 She is now taking demeclocycline Her sodium went to 134 However she is taking Pregabalin and the sodium is now 126 Can Pregabalin cause this?
- My wife's been on topamax for over a year now, and it's ruining our marriage.
- My wbc is 19,000 and I'm convinced its because of the topomax but doctors keep saying infection and want me on antibiotics all the time. I'm fine.
- Will you have Sydenham'S Chorea with Sudden Hearing Loss?
- Will you have Dandruff with Vercyte?
- How effective is Ciprofloxacin for Diverticulitis?
- Will you have Keratoconus with Kidney Disease?
- Will you have Ultrasound Thyroid Abnormal with Gout?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss and Sydenham'S Chorea?
- Support group for people who take Vercyte and have Dandruff?
- Support group for people who have Kidney Disease and Keratoconus?
- Support group for people who have Gout and Ultrasound Thyroid Abnormal?
- What to expect when you have Sudden Hearing Loss and Sydenham'S Chorea?
- What to expect when you take Vercyte and have Dandruff?
- What to expect when you have Kidney Disease and Keratoconus?
- What to expect when you have Gout and Ultrasound Thyroid Abnormal?
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Claritin
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Cosentyx
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Zocor, Norvasc, Cardura
- A study for a 21 year old woman who takes Nexplanon
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Xanax, Synthroid, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Coreg, Spironolactone, Azor, Amlodipine; Olmesartan Medoxomil
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.