Who have Insomnia when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Insomnia is found among people who take Diflucan and Topamax, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Birth control. This review analyzes which people have Insomnia with Diflucan and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 192 people who have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and find Care Guides.
192 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 21 people (10.94%) have Insomnia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have insomnia *:
- < 1 month: 75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have insomnia when taking the drugs *:
- female: 95.24 %
- male: 4.76 %
Age of people who have insomnia when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 13.33 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 20.0 %
- 50-59: 26.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 6 people, 28.57%
- Birth Control: 6 people, 28.57%
- Pain: 5 people, 23.81%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 14.29%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin: 14 people, 66.67%
- Xanax: 10 people, 47.62%
- Zomig: 9 people, 42.86%
- Vioxx: 9 people, 42.86%
- Ambien: 8 people, 38.10%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 12 people, 57.14%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12 people, 57.14%
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 42.86%
- Rashes (redness): 9 people, 42.86%
- Hair Loss: 9 people, 42.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 506 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInsomnia with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Insomnia (760 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (31 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Insomnia
Drugs that are associated with InsomniaInsomnia
Could your condition cause InsomniaInsomnia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Restani P, Di Lorenzo C, Garcia-Alvarez A, Badea M, Ceschi A, Egan B, Dima L, Lüde S, Maggi FM, Marculescu A, Milà-Villarroel R, "Adverse effects of plant food supplements self-reported by consumers in the PlantLIBRA survey involving six European countries", PloS one, 2016 Feb .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
You may be interested in these posts
- zopiclone vs temazepam comments about use and effectiveness?
- You list the ingredients for Nyquil inaccurately, combining several Nyquil products together. Some contain diphenhydramine; others doxylamine succinate; but not together in the same product. The results you list are for which of the two anti-histamines?
- Wow what a wonderous think the internet is at half past 4 in the morning after a sleepless night!
- Would taking the Evening Primrose in the morning instead of at night prevent insomnia?
- Wonderful to know im not pn my pwn and more support for doctors takee seriously
- Will you have Blood Osmolarity Decreased with Isosorbide Mononitrate?
- Will you have Cardiovascular Disorders with Patanol?
- Will you have Cardiovascular Disorder with Patanol?
- Will you have Heart Disease with Patanol?
- Will you have Serotonergic Syndrome with Kaletra?
- Will you have Hyperserotonemia with Kaletra?
- Will you have Serotonin Syndrome with Kaletra?
- Celestone and Paeonia Microcarpa drug interaction
- Will you have Bacterial Arthritis with Yew Poisoning?
- Will you have Pain Disorder with Eplerenone?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.