Who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Irritable bowel syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Diflucan and Topamax. We study 165 people who have side effects while taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA. Among them, 4 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
165 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 4 people (2.42%) have Irritable bowel syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have irritable bowel syndrome when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have irritable bowel syndrome when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 25 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 75 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 2 people, 50.00%
- Pain: 2 people, 50.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 50.00%
- Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters): 2 people, 50.00%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 2 people, 50.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aciphex: 3 people, 75.00%
- Nexium: 2 people, 50.00%
- Levaquin: 2 people, 50.00%
- Elidel: 2 people, 50.00%
- Bextra: 2 people, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 3 people, 75.00%
- Joint Pain: 3 people, 75.00%
- Fungal Infection: 3 people, 75.00%
- Constipation: 3 people, 75.00%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 2 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIrritable bowel syndrome with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (188 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (28 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Drugs that are associated with Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
Could your condition cause Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
Can you answer these questions
- Would discontinuing avodart cure my IBS? It seems to have developed since I started taking the drug in early October. I find it worrying when I want to go out anywhere but I can't be sure that it's related directly to the drug. I'm male and turn 66 next month.
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
- My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this...
- I've had ibs for more than 20 years. My doctor just put me on colestipol 1 gm, up to 3 daily. Wow, I have been on it 4 days and my ibs was 80% better. BUT I now have a nagging cough. This is sometimes a side effect. Any suggestions or similar experiences?
- i just started topamax and i'm already borderline normal on my kidney function should i keep taking it?
You may be interested in these posts
- Voice tremors my mother can hardly speak she has asked me to look up Topamax for her. She is 92 thank you
- Temozolomide an oral chemotherapy drug, brand name Temodar, is indicated for brain cancer. Depending upon the genetic typing, some respond better than others to its effects on brain tumors. I was identified as a responder when looking down at a chromosomal level. So status post resection,...
- Not sure if I'm preggo
- My wife's been on topamax for over a year now, and it's ruining our marriage.
- My wbc is 19,000 and I'm convinced its because of the topomax but doctors keep saying infection and want me on antibiotics all the time. I'm fine.
- Will you have Cerebral Ataxia with Flexeril?
- Will you have Maculopathy with Imbruvica?
- Will you have Premature Menopause with Cytomel?
- Will you have Vertigo with Iobenguane Sulfate I 131?
- Will you have Loss Of Balance with Iobenguane Sulfate I 131?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Flexeril and have Cerebral Ataxia?
- Support group for people who take Imbruvica and have Maculopathy?
- Support group for people who take Cytomel and have Premature Menopause?
- Support group for people who take Iobenguane Sulfate I 131 and have Vertigo?
- Support group for people who take Iobenguane Sulfate I 131 and have Loss Of Balance?
- What to expect when you take Flexeril and have Cerebral Ataxia?
- What to expect when you take Imbruvica and have Maculopathy?
- What to expect when you take Cytomel and have Premature Menopause?
- What to expect when you take Iobenguane Sulfate I 131 and have Vertigo?
- What to expect when you take Iobenguane Sulfate I 131 and have Loss Of Balance?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.