Who have Muscular weakness when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Muscular weakness is found among people who take Diflucan and Topamax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old also take medication Ambien, and have Crohn's disease. This review analyzes which people have Muscular weakness with Diflucan and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 165 people who have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
165 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 16 people (9.7%) have Muscular weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have muscular weakness when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have muscular weakness when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 13.33 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 40.0 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 31.25%
- Pain: 4 people, 25.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 3 people, 18.75%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 18.75%
- Depression: 3 people, 18.75%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien: 6 people, 37.50%
- Protonix: 5 people, 31.25%
- Nexium: 5 people, 31.25%
- Medrol: 5 people, 31.25%
- Macrobid: 5 people, 31.25%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (pain in head): 11 people, 68.75%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 6 people, 37.50%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 6 people, 37.50%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 6 people, 37.50%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 37.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMuscular weakness with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Muscular Weakness (299 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (28 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Muscular Weakness
Drugs that are associated with Muscular weaknessMuscular weakness
Could your condition cause Muscular weaknessMuscular weakness
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
Can you answer these questions
- Someone at the doctor's office changed the amount I was being given of the Lisinopril from 40 mg., to 10 mg. After this I started falling. Doctor said it is not in the records who had changed the dose. Pharmacist said it was this change that increased the weakness in my arms and legs. Doctor...
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
- My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this...
- i just started topamax and i'm already borderline normal on my kidney function should i keep taking it?
- I have been recently given a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. I had an atypical presentation with muscle pains in my thighs and later on wrist swelling. No joint pains or stiffness. Probably very early still. I am taking low dose steroids and MTX. The muscle pains improved but I developed...
You may be interested in these posts
- Voice tremors my mother can hardly speak she has asked me to look up Topamax for her. She is 92 thank you
- Not sure if I'm preggo
- My wife's been on topamax for over a year now, and it's ruining our marriage.
- My wbc is 19,000 and I'm convinced its because of the topomax but doctors keep saying infection and want me on antibiotics all the time. I'm fine.
- My son takes topomax and has horrible diaria
- Will you have Stoma Care with Kerlone?
- Will you have Stoma Site Abscess with Syphilis?
- Will you have Gastritis Erosive with Mercaptopurine?
- Will you have Joint Laxity with Cylert?
- Will you have Renal Bruit with Gynorest?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Kerlone and have Stoma Care?
- Support group for people who have Syphilis and Stoma Site Abscess?
- Support group for people who take Mercaptopurine and have Gastritis Erosive?
- Support group for people who take Cylert and have Joint Laxity?
- Support group for people who take Gynorest and have Renal Bruit?
- What to expect when you take Kerlone and have Stoma Care?
- What to expect when you have Syphilis and Stoma Site Abscess?
- What to expect when you take Mercaptopurine and have Gastritis Erosive?
- What to expect when you take Cylert and have Joint Laxity?
- What to expect when you take Gynorest and have Renal Bruit?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.