Who have Muscular weakness when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Muscular weakness is found among people who take Diflucan and Topamax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old also take medication Ambien, and have Crohn's disease. This review analyzes which people have Muscular weakness with Diflucan and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 192 people who have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and find Care Guides.
192 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 16 people (8.33%) have Muscular weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have muscular weakness when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have muscular weakness when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 13.33 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 40.0 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 31.25%
- Pain: 4 people, 25.00%
- Laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx): 3 people, 18.75%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 3 people, 18.75%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 18.75%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien: 6 people, 37.50%
- Protonix: 5 people, 31.25%
- Nexium: 5 people, 31.25%
- Medrol: 5 people, 31.25%
- Macrobid: 5 people, 31.25%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (pain in head): 11 people, 68.75%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 6 people, 37.50%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 6 people, 37.50%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 6 people, 37.50%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 37.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 506 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMuscular weakness with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Muscular Weakness (322 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (31 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Muscular Weakness
Drugs that are associated with Muscular weaknessMuscular weakness
Could your condition cause Muscular weaknessMuscular weakness
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
You may be interested in these posts
- Would like comments from Individuals who are taking medication the following medications for Myasthenia Gravis [General] Pyridostigmine and Prednisone. I am experiencing increased muscle weakness as I continue to take Prednisone 40 mg once daily. Mostly below the waist in hips and legs. Any...
- Where does the muscle weakness occur. My weakness occurs on my lower back on the left side. What do you do about it? Did the doctor decrease the dosage?
- Well, it all started as nothing more than me trying to increase my already huge erections. The porn stopped working, so I asked my doctor to help. Since my doctor was grotesquely ugly, and unattractive it prescribed me these medications. First I got aids, then the rectal bleeding and swollen...
- Weakness in arm and leg after taking ranitidine 150mg twice daily and flexim plus I three times daily
- Voice tremors my mother can hardly speak she has asked me to look up Topamax for her. She is 92 thank you
- Will you have Toxic Encephalopathy with Melatonin?
- Will you have Vaginal Bleeding In Pregnancy with Carafate?
- Will you have Appetite - Decreased with Anxiety Disorder?
- Will you have Reduced Appetite with Anxiety Disorder?
- Will you have Loss Of Appetite with Anxiety Disorder?
- Will you have Appetite Decreased with Anxiety Disorder?
- Will you have Decreased Appetite with Anxiety Disorder?
- Will you have Portal Hypertension with Compazine?
- Will you have Bruise with Lasix?
- Will you have Lip Dry with Diflucan?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.