Who have Myalgia when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Myalgia is found among people who take Diflucan and Topamax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drugs for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Flexeril, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Myalgia with Diflucan and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 165 people who have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
165 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 11 people (6.67%) have Myalgia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have myalgia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have myalgia when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have myalgia when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 18.18 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 72.73 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 8 people, 72.73%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 7 people, 63.64%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 7 people, 63.64%
- Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters): 7 people, 63.64%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 7 people, 63.64%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Flexeril: 10 people, 90.91%
- Vicodin: 8 people, 72.73%
- Synthroid: 8 people, 72.73%
- Rhinocort: 8 people, 72.73%
- Aciphex: 8 people, 72.73%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10 people, 90.91%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 8 people, 72.73%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 7 people, 63.64%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 7 people, 63.64%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 7 people, 63.64%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMyalgia with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Myalgia (341 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (28 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Myalgia
Drugs that are associated with MyalgiaMyalgia
Could your condition cause MyalgiaMyalgia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
Can you answer these questions
- When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
- What helps with the muscle pain from using Vyvanse?
- Taking Augmentin for 5 days now for pneumonia and ear infection. Last night, for the first time, my legs hurt. It felt like they wanted to cramp. I was finally able to get to sleep by taking a couple of aspirin. But, this morning they still hurt. Clues? Anyone else have this problem?
- Started Spiriva 2 days ago. Have thigh pain now. Will cutting the dosage to one spray help? Should I stop the drug?
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
You may be interested in these posts
- Voice tremors my mother can hardly speak she has asked me to look up Topamax for her. She is 92 thank you
- Retired engineer diagnosed in 2012 with CML. I have recently tried to go off the meds based on achieving remission but am now back on.
- Not sure if I'm preggo
- My wife's been on topamax for over a year now, and it's ruining our marriage.
- My wbc is 19,000 and I'm convinced its because of the topomax but doctors keep saying infection and want me on antibiotics all the time. I'm fine.
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride and Levofloxacin drug interaction
- Will you have Multiple Sclerosis with Valsartan?
- Will you have Ms Hug with Valsartan?
- Will you have Blood Corticotrophin Increased with Body Height Below Normal?
- Will you have Ms with Valsartan?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Ethambutol Hydrochloride and Levofloxacin
- Support group for people who take Valsartan and have Multiple Sclerosis?
- Support group for people who take Valsartan and have Ms Hug?
- Support group for people who have Body Height Below Normal and Blood Corticotrophin Increased?
- Support group for people who take Valsartan and have Ms?
- What to expect when you take Ethambutol Hydrochloride and Levofloxacin
- What to expect when you take Valsartan and have Multiple Sclerosis?
- What to expect when you take Valsartan and have Ms Hug?
- What to expect when you have Body Height Below Normal and Blood Corticotrophin Increased?
- What to expect when you take Valsartan and have Ms?
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Ibuprofen Sodium
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Gabapentin
- Drug comparison of Levaquin, Zicam, Digoxin for a 60 year old woman
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Calcium
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Benadryl, Sjw, Lisinopril
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.