Who have Nephrolithiasis when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Nephrolithiasis is reported only by a few people who take Diflucan and Topamax. We study 165 people who have side effects while taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA. Among them, 4 have Nephrolithiasis. Find out below who they are, when they have Nephrolithiasis and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
165 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 4 people (2.42%) have Nephrolithiasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have nephrolithiasis when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have nephrolithiasis when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 4 people, 100.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 3 people, 75.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 75.00%
- Infection: 2 people, 50.00%
- Fungal Infection: 2 people, 50.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyrtec: 4 people, 100.00%
- Zmax: 4 people, 100.00%
- Zithromax: 4 people, 100.00%
- Lamictal: 4 people, 100.00%
- Demadex: 4 people, 100.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Peak Expiratory Flow Rate Abnormal: 3 people, 75.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 3 people, 75.00%
- Drowsiness: 3 people, 75.00%
- Cough: 3 people, 75.00%
- Weight Loss: 2 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNephrolithiasis with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Nephrolithiasis (263 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (27 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Nephrolithiasis
Drugs that are associated with NephrolithiasisNephrolithiasis
Could your condition cause NephrolithiasisNephrolithiasis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
Can you answer these questions
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
- My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this...
- Is this really a support group for people with kidney stones who take Cymbalta? Or did Google just send me to this site the same way they list sites like "where to buy Cymbalta and kidney stones" when I type in "Cymbalta and kidney stones"?
- i just started topamax and i'm already borderline normal on my kidney function should i keep taking it?
- I have been taking methotrexate the first time was 2 years ago and then my Rheumatologist started again on September. Two years ago I had a really bad pain and went to ER, they did a CAT scan and came with kidney stone on the left side. Last night out of nowhere I get this really bad pain on...
You may be interested in these posts
- Voice tremors my mother can hardly speak she has asked me to look up Topamax for her. She is 92 thank you
- Not sure if I'm preggo
- My wife's been on topamax for over a year now, and it's ruining our marriage.
- My wbc is 19,000 and I'm convinced its because of the topomax but doctors keep saying infection and want me on antibiotics all the time. I'm fine.
- My son who is 24 years old has been coughing for over 3 months non stop,(every 3 seconds) he has been under doctor care an on FML for 3 months cause his job doesn't want him around. We just found out tonight he has a kidney stone and he is working on passing it with med's but now that the stone...
- Will you have Acne Aggravated with Xarelto?
- Will you have Swollen Glands with Januvia?
- Will you have Subungual Warts with Arimidex?
- Will you have Syncope Vasovagal with Zosyn?
- Will you have Pancreatitis with Darvocet?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Xarelto and have Acne Aggravated?
- Support group for people who take Januvia and have Swollen Glands?
- Support group for people who take Arimidex and have Subungual Warts?
- Support group for people who take Zosyn and have Syncope Vasovagal?
- Support group for people who take Darvocet and have Pancreatitis?
- What to expect when you take Xarelto and have Acne Aggravated?
- What to expect when you take Januvia and have Swollen Glands?
- What to expect when you take Arimidex and have Subungual Warts?
- What to expect when you take Zosyn and have Syncope Vasovagal?
- What to expect when you take Darvocet and have Pancreatitis?
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Hydrocortisone, Calcium
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Toprol-xl
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Augmentin, Benzonatate
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Lorazepam, Xanax
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol, Miralax, Colace, Neurontin
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.