Who have Vomiting when taking Diflucan and Topamax - from FDA reports
Vomiting is found among people who take Diflucan and Topamax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Vomiting with Diflucan and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 165 people who have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
165 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan and Topamax. Among them, 14 people (8.48%) have Vomiting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have vomiting *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have vomiting when taking the drugs *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have vomiting when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 7.69 %
- 20-29: 15.38 %
- 30-39: 15.38 %
- 40-49: 38.46 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 7.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 5 people, 35.71%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 3 people, 21.43%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 2 people, 14.29%
- Preventive Health Care: 2 people, 14.29%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax: 6 people, 42.86%
- Nexium: 6 people, 42.86%
- Flexeril: 5 people, 35.71%
- Zofran: 4 people, 28.57%
- Levaquin: 4 people, 28.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 9 people, 64.29%
- Weight Decreased: 5 people, 35.71%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 35.71%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 35.71%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 28.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVomiting with Diflucan and Topamax from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Vomiting (291 members)
- Support group for people who take Diflucan (28 members)
- Support group for people who take Topamax
- Support group for people who take Diflucan and Topamax and have Vomiting
Drugs that are associated with VomitingVomiting
Could your condition cause VomitingVomiting
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
Can you answer these questions
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
- My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this...
- My wife was taken vralar for about six months. Everything was going good until they up her dose to 4.5 mg. After a week she stated to get Nauseated and started to vomit and it just got worse. She been to four different hospital for vomiting. They ran all kinds of tests and found nothing. Has...
- If my tpn is making me sick, should I ask to get taken off. I went off one day. I slept at night instead of going to the bathroom every hour. I also felt myself. But at this time can't eat enough to sustain my weight. What to do? Sleep during day because not sleeping night. Should be starting my...
- I'm trying to work up the courage to go back on it, after 3 days of vomiting I've recovered and hoping someone else has had luck. I tried taking Ondansetron a half hour before, and then I tried an hour before> I tried 2 hours after eating. Didn't try with food, but i guess I will. Any advice...
You may be interested in these posts
- Voice tremors my mother can hardly speak she has asked me to look up Topamax for her. She is 92 thank you
- Not sure if I'm preggo
- My wife's been on topamax for over a year now, and it's ruining our marriage.
- My wbc is 19,000 and I'm convinced its because of the topomax but doctors keep saying infection and want me on antibiotics all the time. I'm fine.
- My son takes topomax and has horrible diaria
- Will you have Malignant Middle Ear Neoplasm with Vitamin D?
- Will you have Tooth Disorder with Mepron?
- Will you have Haemoglobin Decreased with Depression?
- Clarithromycin and Tysabri drug interaction
- Imitrex and Inositol drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Vitamin D and have Malignant Middle Ear Neoplasm?
- Support group for people who take Mepron and have Tooth Disorder?
- Support group for people who have Depression and Haemoglobin Decreased?
- Support group for people who take Clarithromycin and Tysabri
- Support group for people who take Imitrex and Inositol
- What to expect when you take Vitamin D and have Malignant Middle Ear Neoplasm?
- What to expect when you take Mepron and have Tooth Disorder?
- What to expect when you have Depression and Haemoglobin Decreased?
- What to expect when you take Clarithromycin and Tysabri
- What to expect when you take Imitrex and Inositol
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Ibuprofen Sodium
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Gabapentin
- Drug comparison of Levaquin, Zicam, Digoxin for a 60 year old woman
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Calcium
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Benadryl, Sjw, Lisinopril
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.