Who have Abdominal distension when taking Flomax and Niacin - from FDA reports
Abdominal distension is reported only by a few people who take Flomax and Niacin. We study 149 people who have side effects while taking Flomax and Niacin from FDA. Among them, 1 have Abdominal distension. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal distension and more.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our independent and original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO.
149 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax and Niacin. Among them, 1 person (0.67%) has Abdominal distension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have abdominal distension when taking the drugs *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have abdominal distension when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 1 person, 100.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lopressor: 1 person, 100.00%
- Glucophage: 1 person, 100.00%
- Gleevec: 1 person, 100.00%
- Daypro: 1 person, 100.00%
- Coumadin: 1 person, 100.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 1 person, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 100.00%
- Lipase Increased: 1 person, 100.00%
- Blood Amylase Increased: 1 person, 100.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 499 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAbdominal distension with Flomax and Niacin from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Abdominal Distension (16 members)
- Support group for people who take Flomax (288 members)
- Support group for people who take Niacin
- Support group for people who take Flomax and Niacin and have Abdominal Distension
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal distensionAbdominal distension
Could your condition cause Abdominal distensionAbdominal distension
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
You may be interested in these posts
- When I take Niacin, I can't sleep well.
- What will happen if I take risperdal and niacin together
- Took Flomax for approximately 4 months. Retrograde ejaculation onset almost immediately. After approximately 1 month lost the ability to achieve an erection. Physician recommended cutting dose in half to .2mg per day. Did this for about another 6 weeks and still no improvement with the ED. Been...
- Swelling in legs and ankles and they hurt at times. Had this since taking Flomax.
- Started on Flomax 10 days ago and now ready to start Myrbetriq. Should I stop Flomax which wasn't working and continue on with the Nyrbetriq? How long does it take to become effective? Thank you for your replies
- Will you have Toothaches with Soma?
- Will you have Diarrhea with Pancreatitis Necrotising?
- Will you have Stools - Watery with Pancreatitis Necrotising?
- Will you have Loose Bowel Movements with Pancreatitis Necrotising?
- Will you have Frequent Bowel Movements with Pancreatitis Necrotising?
- Will you have Diarrhoea with Pancreatitis Necrotising?
- Will you have Rashes with Rose Hips?
- Will you have Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Postherpetic Neuralgia?
- Will you have Generalised Anxiety Disorder with Postherpetic Neuralgia?
- Will you have Gad with Postherpetic Neuralgia?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.