Who have Abdominal pain when taking Keflex and Zometa - from FDA reports
Abdominal pain is found among people who take Keflex and Zometa, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drugs for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Abdominal pain with Keflex and Zometa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 738 people who have side effects when taking Keflex and Zometa from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and find Care Guides.
738 people reported to have side effects when taking Keflex and Zometa. Among them, 208 people (28.18%) have Abdominal pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have abdominal pain *:
- < 1 month: 11.32 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 26.42 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.21 %
- 2 - 5 years: 41.51 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.55 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have abdominal pain when taking the drugs *:
- female: 69.08 %
- male: 30.92 %
Age of people who have abdominal pain when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.64 %
- 40-49: 13.46 %
- 50-59: 44.23 %
- 60+: 41.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 44 people, 21.15%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 35 people, 16.83%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 21 people, 10.10%
- Metastatic Neoplasm (spreadable cancer tumour): 13 people, 6.25%
- Diabetes: 13 people, 6.25%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 119 people, 57.21%
- Aredia: 101 people, 48.56%
- Ambien: 96 people, 46.15%
- Levaquin: 89 people, 42.79%
- Percocet: 86 people, 41.35%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 200 people, 96.15%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 182 people, 87.50%
- Stress And Anxiety: 162 people, 77.88%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 136 people, 65.38%
- Pain In Jaw: 128 people, 61.54%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
Analysis tools (to study 506 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAbdominal pain with Keflex and Zometa from FDA and eHealthme reports
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Abdominal Pain (364 members)
- Support group for people who take Keflex (53 members)
- Support group for people who take Zometa
- Support group for people who take Keflex and Zometa and have Abdominal Pain
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal painAbdominal pain
Could your condition cause Abdominal painAbdominal pain
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bhuvan KC, ALrasheedy AA, Ibrahim MI, "A case report from Nepalese community pharmacy on levofloxacin induced severe abdominal pain", Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2013 Jul .
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
You may be interested in these posts
- Wondering if Vitamin A retinyl palmitate with cause abdomenal pain?
- wondering if anyone has found relief from abdominal pain while taking omeprozle
- Why is finding the right adhd meds so hard for kids?
- whats the point? she's dead...of ketoacidosis....same symptoms as seasonique...
- What will relieve this pain? So far Tums, Nexium and Pepcid have not helped. Pat RN
- Will you have Joint Hypermobility Syndrome with Nexium?
- Will you have Hypermobility Syndrome with Nexium?
- Will you have Hepatocellular Carcinoma with Potassium Chloride?
- Will you have Primary Liver Cell Carcinoma with Potassium Chloride?
- Will you have Liver Cancer with Potassium Chloride?
- Will you have Cancer - Liver with Potassium Chloride?
- Will you have Tumor - Liver with Potassium Chloride?
- Budesonide and Cyclosporine drug interaction
- Short Chain Fructo-Oligosaccharides and Norflex drug interaction
- What to expect when you take Meclizine Hydrochloride and have Disease Progression?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.