Who have Cataract when taking Keflex and Zometa - from FDA reports
Cataract is found among people who take Keflex and Zometa, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Nexium, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Cataract with Keflex and Zometa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 750 people who have side effects when taking Keflex and Zometa from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
750 people reported to have side effects when taking Keflex and Zometa. Among them, 77 people (10.27%) have Cataract
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have cataract *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 61.54 %
- 1 - 2 years: 26.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.54 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have cataract when taking the drugs *:
- female: 35.53 %
- male: 64.47 %
Age of people who have cataract when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.12 %
- 30-39: 1.56 %
- 40-49: 1.56 %
- 50-59: 4.69 %
- 60+: 89.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 16 people, 20.78%
- Toothaches (tooth pain): 13 people, 16.88%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 11 people, 14.29%
- Trismus (reduced opening of the jaws): 9 people, 11.69%
- Depression: 7 people, 9.09%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium: 50 people, 64.94%
- Lisinopril: 44 people, 57.14%
- Vicodin: 41 people, 53.25%
- Protonix: 34 people, 44.16%
- Compazine: 32 people, 41.56%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 71 people, 92.21%
- Pain: 70 people, 90.91%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 66 people, 85.71%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 60 people, 77.92%
- Back Pain: 55 people, 71.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Drugs that are associated with CataractCataract
Could your condition cause CataractCataract
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
- Lin SY, Lin CL, Ju SW, Wang IK, Lin CC, Lin CH, Hsu WH, Liang JA, "Increasing risk of cataract in HCV patients receiving anti-HCV therapy: A nationwide cohort study", PloS one, 2017 Mar .
Recent general studies
- Propafenone Hydrochloride and Spiriva drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Red Blood Cell Nucleated Morphology Present with Depakote? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Polyarthritis with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Premature Menopause with Nuvaring? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Urosepsis with Hydrochlorothiazide? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Benicar - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Azithromycin, Hydroxyzine - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Chantix - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Hctz - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.