Will you have Cataract when taking Keflex and Zometa - from FDA reports
Cataract is found among people who take Keflex and Zometa, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Nexium, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Cataract with Keflex and Zometa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 752 people who have side effects when taking Keflex and Zometa from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on cephalexin and zoledronic acid (the active ingredients of Keflex and Zometa, respectively), and Keflex and Zometa (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Cataract are also considered in the study.
What is Keflex?
Keflex has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Keflex 10,824 users)
What is Zometa?
Zometa has active ingredients of zoledronic acid. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Zometa 58,706 users)
What is cataract?
Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 37,101 Cataract patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
752 people reported to have side effects when taking Keflex and Zometa. Among them, 78 people (10.37%) have Cataract
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on the drugs when people have cataract *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 61.54 %
- 1 - 2 years: 26.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.54 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have cataract when taking the drugs *:
- female: 35.06 %
- male: 64.94 %
Age of people who have cataract when taking th drugs *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.08 %
- 30-39: 1.54 %
- 40-49: 1.54 %
- 50-59: 4.62 %
- 60+: 89.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 16 people, 20.51%
- Toothaches (tooth pain): 13 people, 16.67%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 11 people, 14.10%
- Trismus (reduced opening of the jaws): 9 people, 11.54%
- Depression: 7 people, 8.97%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium: 50 people, 64.10%
- Lisinopril: 44 people, 56.41%
- Vicodin: 41 people, 52.56%
- Protonix: 34 people, 43.59%
- Lasix: 32 people, 41.03%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 71 people, 91.03%
- Pain: 70 people, 89.74%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 66 people, 84.62%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 60 people, 76.92%
- Back Pain: 55 people, 70.51%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Keflex and Zometa?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Subscribe to monitor Keflex and Zometa
- Subscribe to monitor Keflex
- Subscribe to monitor Zometa
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Keflex and Zometa
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
- Lin SY, Lin CL, Ju SW, Wang IK, Lin CC, Lin CH, Hsu WH, Liang JA, "Increasing risk of cataract in HCV patients receiving anti-HCV therapy: A nationwide cohort study", PloS one, 2017 Mar .
Drugs that are associated with CataractCataract
Could your condition cause CataractCataract
What would happen?
Predict new side effects and undetected conditions when you take Keflex and Zometa (14,012 reports studied)
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Gums - Swollen with Alcohol? - now
- Will you have Hepatitis C Rna Increased with Diphenylan Sodium? - a second ago
- Claritin-D 24 Hour and Suboxone drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Clot with Cefdinir? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Tumor with Coq10? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Neoplasm with Coq10? - 4 seconds ago
- Lorazepam and Zofran drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Vfend and Pregabalin drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Yasmin and Kabiven In Plastic Container drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Malabsorption with Nail Toxicity? - 10 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 77 year old woman who takes Effexor, Zantac 150 - an hour ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Sinemet Cr, Baclofen - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Coco Palm, Ambien for a 21 year old man - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Accutane - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Latisse - 10 hours ago
- Prediction of Viibryd, Vyvanse for a 59 year old man - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Claritin, Letrozole, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Effexor Xr, Trazodone Hydrochloride - 11 hours ago
- Prediction of Wheat Grass for a 46 year old woman - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Escitalopram - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Hydroxyzine, Benzonatate - 13 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.