Moderna COVID Vaccine and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - a phase IV clinical study of CDC and FDA data
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is found among people who get Moderna COVID Vaccine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, and after 30 days of getting the vaccine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people get Moderna COVID Vaccine and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 392,577 people who have side effects when getting Moderna COVID Vaccine from the CDC and the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
392,577 people reported to have side effects after getting Moderna COVID Vaccine.
Among them, 80 people (0.02%) have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
What is Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (chronic lung disease) is found to be associated with 2,467 drugs and 2,161 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time to have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis from when people get Moderna COVID Vaccine *:
- on the same day: 9.21 %
- in the first week: 15.79 %
- in the first 30 days: 18.42 %
- after 30 days: 56.58 %
Gender of people *:
- female: 47.44 %
- male: 52.56 %
Age of people *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.9 %
- 40-49: 2.6 %
- 50-59: 11.69 %
- 60+: 81.82 %
Did people recover *:
- yes: 25 %
- no: 75 %
Death as an outcome *:
- yes: 13.75 %
- no: 86.25 %
# of vaccine dose *:
- 1: 27.63 %
- 2: 53.95 %
- 3+: 18.42 %
Common side effects people have besides Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 42 people, 52.50%
- Chest X-Ray Abnormal: 38 people, 47.50%
- Cough: 28 people, 35.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 26 people, 32.50%
- Pneumonia: 21 people, 26.25%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 20 people, 25.00%
- Computerised Tomogram Thorax Abnormal: 17 people, 21.25%
- Fever: 17 people, 21.25%
- Weakness: 16 people, 20.00%
- Chest Pain: 15 people, 18.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Other COVID vaccine studies:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Pfizer BioNTech COVID Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine
Vaccine side effects by duration, gender, age and dose:
Common Moderna covid vaccine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Moderna COVID Vaccine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on data from the CDC and the FDA.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Erythromycin and Homicide - 2 seconds ago
- Nuprin and Pravastatin Sodium drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Prozac and Sumatriptan drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Paxil and Nearsightedness - 9 seconds ago
- Ethosuximide and Indigestion - 14 seconds ago
- Genital Herpes and Hernia - 20 seconds ago
- Delsym and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - 23 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Clonus - 26 seconds ago
- Myfortic and Rosacea - 34 seconds ago
- Fentanyl-25 and Post Polio Syndrome - 34 seconds ago