Moderna COVID Vaccine and Malaise - a phase IV clinical study of CDC and FDA data
Malaise is found among people who get Moderna COVID Vaccine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, and on the same day of getting the vaccine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people get Moderna COVID Vaccine and have Malaise. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 392,577 people who have side effects when getting Moderna COVID Vaccine from the CDC and the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
392,577 people reported to have side effects after getting Moderna COVID Vaccine.
Among them, 10,132 people (2.58%) have Malaise.
What is Malaise?
Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness) is found to be associated with 4,596 drugs and 4,851 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time to have Malaise from when people get Moderna COVID Vaccine *:
- on the same day: 36.82 %
- in the first week: 35.3 %
- in the first 30 days: 10.94 %
- after 30 days: 16.95 %
Gender of people *:
- female: 71.14 %
- male: 28.86 %
Age of people *:
- 0-1: 0.13 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.97 %
- 20-29: 7.28 %
- 30-39: 13.12 %
- 40-49: 14.22 %
- 50-59: 19.27 %
- 60+: 44.93 %
Did people recover *:
- yes: 51.67 %
- no: 48.33 %
Death as an outcome *:
- yes: 3.02 %
- no: 96.98 %
# of vaccine dose *:
- 1: 51.38 %
- 2: 34.65 %
- 3+: 13.98 %
Common side effects people have besides Malaise *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,450 people, 34.05%
- Fever: 3,269 people, 32.26%
- Headache (pain in head): 3,223 people, 31.81%
- Chills (felling of cold): 2,499 people, 24.66%
- Pain: 2,226 people, 21.97%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,966 people, 19.40%
- Dizziness: 1,422 people, 14.03%
- Pain In Extremity: 1,397 people, 13.79%
- Weakness: 1,307 people, 12.90%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 1,211 people, 11.95%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Other COVID vaccine studies:
Vaccine side effects by duration, gender, age and dose:
Common Moderna covid vaccine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Moderna COVID Vaccine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on data from the CDC and the FDA.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fentanyl and Loperamide Hydrochloride drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Thyroid Nodule - 13 seconds ago
- Vilazodone Hydrochloride and Metoprolol Tartrate drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Drug-Induced Liver Injury - 16 seconds ago
- Codeine and Personality Change - 19 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Vestibular Disorder - 26 seconds ago
- Ambien Cr and Memory Loss - 30 seconds ago
- Clonidine Hydrochloride vs. Potassium Chloride 20Meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container - 31 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Rhabdomyolysis - 41 seconds ago
- Kenalog and Muscle Aches - 47 seconds ago