Moderna COVID Vaccine and Neurological symptom - a phase IV clinical study of CDC and FDA data
Neurological symptom is found among people who get Moderna COVID Vaccine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, and in the first week of getting the vaccine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people get Moderna COVID Vaccine and have Neurological symptom. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 392,577 people who have side effects when getting Moderna COVID Vaccine from the CDC and the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
392,577 people reported to have side effects after getting Moderna COVID Vaccine.
Among them, 358 people (0.09%) have Neurological symptom.
What is Neurological symptom?
Neurological symptom (symptoms of nervous system disease) is found to be associated with 1,123 drugs and 695 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time to have Neurological symptom from when people get Moderna COVID Vaccine *:
- on the same day: 19.48 %
- in the first week: 39.53 %
- in the first 30 days: 22.09 %
- after 30 days: 18.9 %
Gender of people *:
- female: 66.76 %
- male: 33.24 %
Age of people *:
- 0-1: 0.29 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.59 %
- 20-29: 5.9 %
- 30-39: 10.91 %
- 40-49: 15.93 %
- 50-59: 15.63 %
- 60+: 50.74 %
Did people recover *:
- yes: 22.47 %
- no: 77.53 %
Death as an outcome *:
- yes: 4.47 %
- no: 95.53 %
# of vaccine dose *:
- 1: 46.41 %
- 2: 40.52 %
- 3+: 13.07 %
Common side effects people have besides Neurological symptom *:
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 68 people, 18.99%
- Weakness: 68 people, 18.99%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 62 people, 17.32%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 60 people, 16.76%
- Headache (pain in head): 56 people, 15.64%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 52 people, 14.53%
- Dizziness: 46 people, 12.85%
- Pain: 38 people, 10.61%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 38 people, 10.61%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 36 people, 10.06%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Other COVID vaccine studies:
- Neurological symptom in Pfizer BioNTech COVID Vaccine
- Neurological symptom in Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine
Vaccine side effects by duration, gender, age and dose:
Common Moderna covid vaccine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Moderna COVID Vaccine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on data from the CDC and the FDA.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Methotrexate and Dna Antibody Positive - 22 seconds ago
- Qvar Redihaler and Diarrhea Aggravated - 24 seconds ago
- Gemcitabine Hydrochloride and Breathing Difficulty - 28 seconds ago
- Genital Ulceration and Pathogen Resistance - 31 seconds ago
- Enlarged Prostate and Hepatic Enzyme Abnormal - 37 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Enlarged Heart - 39 seconds ago
- Metformin and Multaq drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Rocephin and Magnesium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cytosar-U and Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased - a minute ago
- Thyrogen and Fear - a minute ago