Moderna COVID Vaccine and Skin blushing/flushing - a phase IV clinical study of CDC and FDA data
Skin blushing/flushing is found among people who get Moderna COVID Vaccine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, and on the same day of getting the vaccine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people get Moderna COVID Vaccine and have Skin blushing/flushing. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 392,577 people who have side effects when getting Moderna COVID Vaccine from the CDC and the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
What are phase IV trials?
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
392,577 people reported to have side effects after getting Moderna COVID Vaccine.
Among them, 3,678 people (0.94%) have Skin blushing/flushing.
What is Skin blushing/flushing?
Skin blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) is found to be associated with 3,565 drugs and 2,858 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 113,685 people who have Skin blushing/flushing.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time to have Skin blushing/flushing from when people get Moderna COVID Vaccine *:
- on the same day: 82.15 %
- in the first week: 12.35 %
- in the first 30 days: 3.77 %
- after 30 days: 1.73 %
Gender of people *:
- female: 78.92 %
- male: 21.08 %
Age of people *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.03 %
- 10-19: 2.05 %
- 20-29: 13.79 %
- 30-39: 19.87 %
- 40-49: 20.31 %
- 50-59: 17.96 %
- 60+: 25.95 %
Did people recover *:
- yes: 76.81 %
- no: 23.19 %
Death as an outcome *:
- yes: 0.08 %
- no: 99.92 %
# of vaccine dose *:
- 1: 71.3 %
- 2: 22.11 %
- 3+: 6.59 %
Common side effects people have besides Skin blushing/flushing *:
- Dizziness: 1,241 people, 33.74%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 772 people, 20.99%
- Headache (pain in head): 649 people, 17.65%
- Rashes (redness): 609 people, 16.56%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 602 people, 16.37%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 588 people, 15.99%
- Chills (felling of cold): 499 people, 13.57%
- Feeling Hot: 482 people, 13.10%
- Breathing Difficulty: 438 people, 11.91%
- Fever: 376 people, 10.22%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Other COVID vaccine studies:
- Skin blushing/flushing in Pfizer BioNTech COVID Vaccine
- Skin blushing/flushing in Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine
Vaccine side effects by duration, gender, age and dose:
Common Moderna covid vaccine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Moderna COVID Vaccine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on data from the CDC and the FDA.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ilevro and Abilify drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Taurine and Sandostatin drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Truvada and Garlic drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Folate drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Taurine and Sandostatin Lar drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Abilify and Major Depression - 53 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Azoospermia - 59 seconds ago
- Vitamin D and Sensory Disturbance - a minute ago
- Taurine and Macrodantin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Spiriva and Incisional Hernia - a minute ago