Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine and Vaccination site swelling - a phase IV clinical study of CDC and FDA data
Vaccination site swelling is found among people who get Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, and on the same day of getting the vaccine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people get Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine and have Vaccination site swelling. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 401,887 people who have side effects when getting Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine from the CDC and the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
401,887 people reported to have side effects after getting Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine.
Among them, 1,779 people (0.44%) have Vaccination site swelling.
What is Vaccination site swelling?
Vaccination site swelling is found to be associated with 108 drugs and 94 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time to have Vaccination site swelling from when people get Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine *:
- on the same day: 48.8 %
- in the first week: 44.25 %
- in the first 30 days: 6.56 %
- after 30 days: 0.39 %
Gender of people *:
- female: 86.04 %
- male: 13.96 %
Age of people *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.53 %
- 10-19: 1.58 %
- 20-29: 11.05 %
- 30-39: 14.04 %
- 40-49: 17.19 %
- 50-59: 18.6 %
- 60+: 37.02 %
Did people recover *:
- yes: 20.83 %
- no: 79.17 %
Death as an outcome *:
- yes: 0.06 %
- no: 99.94 %
# of vaccine dose *:
- 1: 47.8 %
- 2: 40.21 %
- 3+: 11.98 %
Common side effects people have besides Vaccination site swelling *:
- Vaccination Site Pain: 764 people, 42.95%
- Vaccination Site Erythema (redness around vaccination site): 726 people, 40.81%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 424 people, 23.83%
- Headache (pain in head): 422 people, 23.72%
- Fever: 394 people, 22.15%
- Chills (felling of cold): 309 people, 17.37%
- Pain: 285 people, 16.02%
- Vaccination Site Pruritus (severe itching of the skin at vaccination site): 280 people, 15.74%
- Pain In Extremity: 257 people, 14.45%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 243 people, 13.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Other COVID vaccine studies:
- Vaccination site swelling in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Vaccination site swelling in Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine
Vaccine side effects by duration, gender, age and dose:
Common Pfizer biontech covid vaccine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on data from the CDC and the FDA.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Doxylamine Succinate and Folic Acid drug interaction - a second ago
- Elavil and Psoriasis - 4 seconds ago
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen and Abdominal Exploration - 14 seconds ago
- Kidney Infection in Plaquenil, how severe and when it was recovered? - 15 seconds ago
- Hypertension Aggravated and Joint Destruction - 19 seconds ago
- Back Pain and drugs of ingredients of blond psyllium - 21 seconds ago
- Mitral Valve Prolapse and Aplastic Anemia - 22 seconds ago
- Inflammation and Salivary Hypersecretion - 29 seconds ago
- Metformin and Megakaryocytes - 36 seconds ago
- Xopenex vs. Albuterol Sulfate; Ipratropium Bromide - 39 seconds ago