Autism and Agitation - from FDA reports
Agitation is found among people with Autism, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, take medication Risperdal and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 88 people who have Autism from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
88 people who have Autism and Agitation are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Autism and experience Agitation *:
- female: 24.1 %
- male: 75.9 %
Age of people who have Autism and experience Agitation *:
- 0-1: 1.69 %
- 2-9: 28.81 %
- 10-19: 47.46 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: 14 people, 15.91%
- Stress And Anxiety: 4 people, 4.55%
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;): 4 people, 4.55%
- Aggression: 4 people, 4.55%
- Irritability: 4 people, 4.55%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal: 19 people, 21.59%
- Abilify: 14 people, 15.91%
- Risperidone: 10 people, 11.36%
- Zyprexa: 8 people, 9.09%
- Depakote: 6 people, 6.82%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Aggression: 26 people, 29.55%
- Drug Ineffective: 16 people, 18.18%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 13 people, 14.77%
- Abnormal Behavior: 10 people, 11.36%
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 10.23%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Agitation with Autism?
You are not alone:
Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) can be treated by Risperdal, Abilify, Risperidone, Lexapro, Guanfacine hydrochloride (latest reports from 3,623 Autism patients)
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, quit smoking (latest reports from 94,969 Agitation patients).
Drugs that are associated with AgitationAgitation (2,887 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause AgitationAgitation (2,884 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Autisma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
- Saeed W, Gupta N, Mendez M, "Drug induced Acute Pancreatitis in an Adolescent with Seizure Disorder and Autism", Research Journal of Clinical Pediatrics, 2017 Jul .
Recent general studies
- Cilostazol and Quetiapine Fumarate drug interaction - now
- Will you have Herpes Simplex - Genital with Garcinia Cambogia? - 2 seconds ago
- Prepopik and Magnesium drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Rabbit Fever, Pahvant Valley Plague, Ohara Disease, Yatobyo (Japan), Lemming Fever with Clindamycin Hydrochloride? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Salivary Hypersecretion with Darifenacin Hydrobromide? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Sulfasalazine, Actemra for a 47 year old woman - 43 minutes ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Sulfasalazine, Actemra - 49 minutes ago
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Cosentyx - an hour ago
- A study for a 19 year old girl who takes Humira - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Sertraline, Prilosec - 3 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.