Autism and Agitation - from FDA reports
Agitation is found among people with Autism, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, take medication Risperdal and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This review analyzes which people have Agitation with Autism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 88 people who have Autism from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 12, 2017
88 people who have Autism and Agitation are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Autism and experience Agitation *:
- female: 24.1 %
- male: 75.9 %
Age of people who have Autism and experience Agitation *:
- 0-1: 1.69 %
- 2-9: 28.81 %
- 10-19: 47.46 %
- 20-29: 10.17 %
- 30-39: 8.47 %
- 40-49: 1.69 %
- 50-59: 1.69 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (14 people, 15.91%)
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 4.55%)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (4 people, 4.55%)
- Irritability (4 people, 4.55%)
- Aggression (4 people, 4.55%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal (19 people, 21.59%)
- Abilify (14 people, 15.91%)
- Risperidone (10 people, 11.36%)
- Zyprexa (8 people, 9.09%)
- Depakote (6 people, 6.82%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Aggression (26 people, 29.55%)
- Drug Ineffective (16 people, 18.18%)
- Insomnia (13 people, 14.77%)
- Abnormal Behavior (10 people, 11.36%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 10.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Agitation and Autism?
- Check symptoms - is your agitation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAgitation and Autism from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) can be treated by Risperdal, Abilify, Risperidone, Guanfacine hydrochloride, Lexapro (latest reports from 3,623 Autism patients)
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, high blood pressure (latest reports from 84,096 Agitation patients).
Browse all symptoms of Autisma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause AgitationAgitation
Other conditions that could case AgitationAgitation
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
autistic and proud -- triggered in 2010 after taking enbrel for a few months and now have functional neurological disorder and lost my ability to "blend" -- Autistic traits are more prominent now socially lacking the brain focus I had before going on this medication. I have never been the same ...
Naltrexone is the only medication that has significantly reduced my urge to drink but the irritability that comes with it is brutal. I have discussed it with others that are experiencing it and my Dr as well...I'm not sure how long I can tolerate it. Ive been on it for 8 months.
Hi, I am a 58 yr old retired nurse. I suffer from severe osteoporosis & shattered my right leg 6 yrs ago & have been in a wheelchair since then. I have to be very careful as my ribs break by turning wrong , coughing etc. I broke the femur in the right leg last year so now have more metal than ...