Autism and Seizures
Seizures is found among people with Autism, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old.
The study analyzes which people have Seizures with Autism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21 people who have Autism from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21 people who have Autism and Seizures are studied.
What is Autism?
Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) is found to be associated with 421 drugs and 281 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Seizures?
Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) is found to be associated with 2,527 drugs and 2,052 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Seizures in Autism reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Autism and experienced Seizures *:
- female: 15.79 %
- male: 84.21 %
Age of people who have Autism and experienced Seizures *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 15.38 %
- 10-19: 61.54 %
- 20-29: 15.38 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 2 people, 9.52%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness): 2 people, 9.52%
- Type 1 Diabetes: 1 person, 4.76%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 4.76%
- Psychotic Disorder: 1 person, 4.76%
- Psychomotor Hyperactivity (feelings of extreme restlessness): 1 person, 4.76%
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: 1 person, 4.76%
- Oesophageal Disorder (disease of oesophagus): 1 person, 4.76%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 1 person, 4.76%
- Irritability: 1 person, 4.76%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Risperdal: 5 people, 23.81%
- Depakote: 4 people, 19.05%
- Abilify: 3 people, 14.29%
- Klonopin: 2 people, 9.52%
- Onfi: 1 person, 4.76%
- Benadryl: 1 person, 4.76%
- Insulin: 1 person, 4.76%
- Latuda: 1 person, 4.76%
- Melatonin: 1 person, 4.76%
- Methylphenidate: 1 person, 4.76%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective: 5 people, 23.81%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 19.05%
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 4 people, 19.05%
- Weight Increased: 4 people, 19.05%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 19.05%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 14.29%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 14.29%
- Rhinitis (a medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose): 3 people, 14.29%
- Weight Loss: 3 people, 14.29%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Seizures?Check whether Seizures is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Saeed W, Gupta N, Mendez M, "Drug induced Acute Pancreatitis in an Adolescent with Seizure Disorder and Autism", Research Journal of Clinical Pediatrics, 2017 Jul .
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
COVID vaccines that are related to Seizures:
- Seizures in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Seizures in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Seizures in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Seizures:
All the drugs that are associated with Seizures:
- Seizures (2,527 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Seizures:
All the conditions that are associated with Seizures:
- Seizures (2,052 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Seizures and Autism, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fragmin and Arranon drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Zyprexa and Shark Cartilage drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Ativan and Pneumomediastinum - 38 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Ranitidine drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Trelstar and Macular Hole - a minute ago
- Allegra-D 24 Hour Allergy And Congestion vs. Sudafed 24 Hour - 2 minutes ago
- Truxima and Cardiac Flutter - 2 minutes ago
- Tramadol and Blood Pressure Management - 2 minutes ago
- Rectal Cancer and Confusion - 2 minutes ago
- Augmentin and Dopamine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 3 minutes ago