Depression and Mania - from FDA reports
Mania is found among people with Depression, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, take medication Paxil and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Mania with Depression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,611 people who have Depression from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 22, 2017
1,611 people who have Depression and Mania are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Depression and experience Mania *:
- female: 58.99 %
- male: 41.01 %
Age of people who have Depression and experience Mania *:
- 0-1: 0.08 %
- 2-9: 0.47 %
- 10-19: 8.11 %
- 20-29: 11.69 %
- 30-39: 16.84 %
- 40-49: 22.53 %
- 50-59: 20.19 %
- 60+: 20.11 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (188 people, 11.67%)
- Bipolar Disorder (183 people, 11.36%)
- High Blood Pressure (74 people, 4.59%)
- Insomnia (65 people, 4.03%)
- Sleep Disorder (64 people, 3.97%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Paxil (213 people, 13.22%)
- Cymbalta (151 people, 9.37%)
- Zoloft (139 people, 8.63%)
- Seroquel (139 people, 8.63%)
- Lexapro (131 people, 8.13%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Insomnia (398 people, 24.71%)
- Stress And Anxiety (331 people, 20.55%)
- Suicidal Ideation (323 people, 20.05%)
- Agitation (306 people, 18.99%)
- Aggression (227 people, 14.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mania and Depression?
- Check symptoms - is your mania caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMania and Depression from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 392,591 Depression patients)
Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood) has been reported by people with bipolar disorder, depression, stress and anxiety, bipolar i disorder, quit smoking (latest reports from 15,472 Mania patients).
Browse all symptoms of Depressiona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause ManiaMania
Other conditions that could case ManiaMania
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pong YH, Lu YC, Tsai VF, Huang PL, Hsieh JT, Chang HC, "Acute manic and psychotic symptoms following subcutaneous leuprolide acetate in a male patient without prior psychiatric history: A case report and literature review", Urological Science, 2014 Mar .
- Harris YT, Harris AZ, "Cabergoline associated with first episode mania", Psychosomatics, 2012 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I'm not sure how I feel about the medication. I will have been on it for 3 months now and the only difference i feel is the mania has stopped. I still get really depressed and hardly any energy. Depakote has it's pro's and con's. I just want to feel happy again.
I have been using Spiriva for about 3 weeks and have noticed a bad depression and feelings of hopelessness and sadness for about 4-5 hours after I use it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so can anything be done about it.? Thanks
I have been taking Cymbalta for three years without any complaints except for no sex drive but at the age of 58 and not married, it wasn't a problem. I am now 61 and I'm starting to notice that I can cry at the drop of a hat! I recently have connected with an old friend from high school, we ...
Hi. I ended up being hospitalized after one month being on wellbutrin sr. I became so psychotic and manic. I was paranoid to the max. I have never had any symptoms like this in my entire life. has anyone heard of someone going through something like this after taking wellbutrin sr?
You may be interested in these posts
I was prescribed esamoperazole magnisium and began taking. After about 3 weeks I began to get depressed. I was under business pressure and associated the depression with my biz problems. I began waking up at 3 am. And 4 am. And continued being more depressed. Finally I said to myself maybe ...
I have been prescribed aspirin 81mg aid for over a year now. I normally am a happy controlled person but in the last year have been depressed and irritable. I NEVER considered it to be from taking aspirin! But as I popped my aspirin this morning and assessing not understanding my ...