Epilepsy and Hyperthyroidism - from FDA reports
Hyperthyroidism is found among people with Epilepsy, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, take medication Keppra and have Hypothyroidism. This review analyzes which people have Hyperthyroidism with Epilepsy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 50 people who have Epilepsy from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
50 people who have Epilepsy and Hyperthyroidism are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Epilepsy and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- female: 78.26 %
- male: 21.74 %
Age of people who have Epilepsy and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 3.03 %
- 10-19: 15.15 %
- 20-29: 12.12 %
- 30-39: 9.09 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 18.18 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 16 people, 32.00%
- Pain: 11 people, 22.00%
- Oesophageal Disorder (disease of oesophagus): 6 people, 12.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 6 people, 12.00%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 3 people, 6.00%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Keppra: 8 people, 16.00%
- Valproate Sodium: 7 people, 14.00%
- Omeprazole: 6 people, 12.00%
- Topamax: 5 people, 10.00%
- Depakene: 5 people, 10.00%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Enlarged Heart: 7 people, 14.00%
- Weight Decreased: 6 people, 12.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 6 people, 12.00%
- Hepatorenal Syndrome (renal failure in patients with advanced chronic liver disease): 6 people, 12.00%
- Eyes - Bulging (swelling of eyes): 6 people, 12.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism with Epilepsy?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hyperthyroidism
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid antibodies panel ($82.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) can be treated by Lamictal, Keppra, Tegretol, Lamotrigine, Depakote (latest reports from 61,301 Epilepsy patients)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 12,439 Hyperthyroidism patients).
Drugs that are associated with HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (1,421 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (956 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Epilepsya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyperthyroidism and Epilepsy from FDA and eHealthMe reports (55 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Epilepsy and Hyperthyroidism
- Support group for people who have Epilepsy (193 members)
- Support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism (124 members)
Can you answer these questions
- Upon being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and prescribed Methimazole. I am now experiencing (what seems to be) a urinary tract infection. Trying to get in to see another doctor. Is this normal with taking Methimazole? I am a breast cancer survivor and it seems as if these recent meds that I...
- My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this...
- is posible a patient to be healthy is he take vitamin d?thamks you! exist any threatment? my friend 18 years old suffer by this.
- i took phentamine for less than a month off and on - -i didn't like the side effects so i stopped -- i now have been diagnosis of hyperthyroidism is there a way to offset this without taking hyperthyroid drugs-- i dont like taking drugs
- Hi I'm 17 years old and I've been ill for quite some time. It started in eighth grade when I got mono. I treated right away when I found out because my mother works with my pediatrician. I was okay for awhile but during the summer that year I notice a bump in my neck I didn't tell my mother...
You may be interested in these posts
- My wife was diagnosed of having focal seizure after undergoing EEG. One of the prescription the doctor prescribed is Vimpat. However after taking the medicine for about one week, a lymph node located in posterior area of her neck suddenly appear and was very painful accompanied with slight...
- My son, who has other special needs and is turning 20 years old, had been taking Zyrtec for his allergies. On the advice of a consulting doctor (regarding some school issues), I took him to an allergist. She had his full history, including that he has diagnosed epilepsy as well as psychogenic...
- I was found hyperthyroid almost a week ago. I took yasmin around 5 years. I want to know if the cause of hyperthyroid was yasmin.
- I'm in so much pain with my hiatal hernia and hyperthyroidism. It's a hard hard battle everyday and especially at night. I'm going to have another test to see if I suffer also with lupus. I feel like I'm having a heart attack just about every day! I'm give out with research and having to wait so...
- I have anosmia and would like to find support. I went searching for an answer through Dr.s Yet they found a thyroid covered in nodes and a goiter, white spots on my brain, that I’m hyperthyroidism with a vitamin d deficiency and low sex hormones. But no one can tell me why I can’t smell.
- Will you have Cluster Headaches with Salix Alba?
- Will you have Iga Nephropathy with Sulf-15?
- Will you have Mitral Valve Incompetence with Isopaque 280?
- Will you have Bacterial Dna Test Positive with Sambilata?
- Will you have Enterococcal Infection with Stevia Eupatoria?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Salix Alba and have Cluster Headaches?
- Support group for people who take Sulf-15 and have Iga Nephropathy?
- Support group for people who take Isopaque 280 and have Mitral Valve Incompetence?
- Support group for people who take Sambilata and have Bacterial Dna Test Positive?
- Support group for people who take Stevia Eupatoria and have Enterococcal Infection?
- What to expect when you take Salix Alba and have Cluster Headaches?
- What to expect when you take Sulf-15 and have Iga Nephropathy?
- What to expect when you take Isopaque 280 and have Mitral Valve Incompetence?
- What to expect when you take Sambilata and have Bacterial Dna Test Positive?
- What to expect when you take Stevia Eupatoria and have Enterococcal Infection?
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.