Comtan and Macrobid drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Comtan and Macrobid. Common interactions include diarrhoea among females.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Comtan and Macrobid have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12 people who take Comtan and Macrobid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
12 people who take Comtan and Macrobid together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Comtan?
Comtan has active ingredients of entacapone. It is often used in parkinson's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 3,836 Comtan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Macrobid?
Macrobid has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. eHealthMe is studying from 8,326 Macrobid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Comtan and Macrobid reports submitted per year:
Common Comtan and Macrobid drug interactions by gender *:
- Memory impairment
- Productive cough
- Tooth disorder
- Weight decreased
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 9 people, 75.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 25.00%
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 3 people, 25.00%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 3 people, 25.00%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 3 people, 25.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 25.00%
- Helicobacter Infection (helicobacter pylori (h. pylori) infects stomach): 3 people, 25.00%
- Constipation: 3 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Comtan and Macrobid?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Comtan and Macrobid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Comtan side effects:
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 329 reports
- Parkinson's disease: 318 reports
- Drowsiness: 182 reports
- Swallowing difficulty: 179 reports
- Drug ineffective: 163 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 150 reports
Browse all side effects of Comtan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Macrobid side effects:
- Urinary tract infection: 1,352 reports
- Pain: 837 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 765 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 672 reports
- Weakness: 633 reports
- Dizziness: 556 reports
Browse all side effects of Macrobid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Comtan interactions:
- Comtan and Sinemet: 1,143 reports
- Comtan and Requip: 498 reports
- Comtan and Mirapex: 382 reports
- Comtan and Carbidopa and levodopa: 289 reports
- Comtan and Symmetrel: 260 reports
- Comtan and Pramipexole dihydrochloride: 216 reports
- Comtan and Azilect: 212 reports
- Comtan and Seroquel: 207 reports
- Comtan and Neupro: 196 reports
- Comtan and Nuplazid: 169 reports
Browse all interactions between Comtan and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Macrobid interactions:
- Macrobid and Prednisone: 863 reports
- Macrobid and Aspirin: 848 reports
- Macrobid and Tylenol: 681 reports
- Macrobid and Synthroid: 622 reports
- Macrobid and Vitamin d: 592 reports
- Macrobid and Gabapentin: 546 reports
- Macrobid and Lisinopril: 516 reports
- Macrobid and Levaquin: 509 reports
- Macrobid and Prilosec: 507 reports
- Macrobid and Xanax: 484 reports
Browse all interactions between Macrobid and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on entacapone and nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline (the active ingredients of Comtan and Macrobid, respectively), and Comtan and Macrobid (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Comtan and Macrobid.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Requip and Augmentin drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Singulair and Haemorrhage Urinary Tract - 3 seconds ago
- Albuterol Sulfate and Requip drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Requip and Glucotrol drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Actiq and Hepatomegaly - 6 seconds ago
- Requip and Evista drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Risperidone and Cimetidine drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Paclitaxel and Fungal Skin Infection - 12 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Requip drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Buscopan and Tofranil drug interaction - 13 seconds ago