Gravol and Imodium drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Gravol and Imodium. Common interactions include renal pain among females and asthenia among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Gravol and Imodium have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 167 people who take Gravol and Imodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
167 people who take Gravol and Imodium together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Gravol?
Gravol has active ingredients of dimenhydrinate. It is often used in nausea. eHealthMe is studying from 5,707 Gravol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Imodium?
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. eHealthMe is studying from 38,245 Imodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Gravol and Imodium reports submitted per year:
Gravol and Imodium drug interactions by gender *:
Gravol and Imodium drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Gravol and Imodium?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Gravol and Imodium interactions:
- Abdominal pain: 27 reports
- Cough: 26 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 20 reports
- Weakness: 16 reports
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 13 reports
- Death: 10 reports
- Nasal discharge (discharge from nose): 7 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Gravol and Imodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Gravol side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,594 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,528 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,329 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,010 reports
- Pain: 920 reports
- Drug ineffective: 915 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 891 reports
- High blood pressure: 878 reports
- Dizziness: 860 reports
Browse all side effects of Gravol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Imodium side effects:
- Diarrhea: 7,788 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,471 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,008 reports
- Indigestion: 2,475 reports
- Weakness: 2,132 reports
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1,900 reports
- Abdominal pain: 1,859 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,767 reports
Browse all side effects of Imodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Gravol interactions:
- Gravol and Benadryl: 1,709 reports
- Gravol and Prednisone: 1,511 reports
- Gravol and Tylenol: 1,496 reports
- Gravol and Methotrexate: 1,008 reports
- Gravol and Hydramine: 726 reports
- Gravol and Morphine: 664 reports
- Gravol and Pantoprazole: 635 reports
- Gravol and Remicade: 600 reports
- Gravol and Ranitidine: 569 reports
- Gravol and Enbrel: 556 reports
Browse all interactions between Gravol and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Imodium interactions:
- Imodium and Aspirin: 4,503 reports
- Imodium and Tylenol: 3,715 reports
- Imodium and Prednisone: 3,714 reports
- Imodium and Zofran: 3,374 reports
- Imodium and Revlimid: 3,329 reports
- Imodium and Vitamin d: 3,103 reports
- Imodium and Omeprazole: 2,570 reports
- Imodium and Lisinopril: 2,223 reports
- Imodium and Calcium: 2,219 reports
- Imodium and Vitamin b12: 2,207 reports
Browse all interactions between Imodium and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dimenhydrinate and loperamide hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Gravol and Imodium, respectively), and Gravol and Imodium (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Gravol and Imodium.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lidex and Oesophagitis - a second ago
- Pepcid Ac and Leflunomide drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Formication in Tramadol, how severe and when it was recovered? - 29 seconds ago
- Capecitabine and Nitrofurantoin drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Premarin and Multivitamin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Glyburide and Benadryl drug interaction - a minute ago
- Albuterol and Rabeprazole Sodium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Rebif and Uveitis - a minute ago
- Abilify and Photophobia Aggravated - a minute ago
- Pepcid Ac and Percocet drug interaction - 2 minutes ago