Spiriva and Nyquil drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Spiriva and Nyquil. Common interactions include fall among females and nasopharyngitis among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Spiriva and Nyquil have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21 people who take Spiriva and Nyquil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21 people who take Spiriva and Nyquil together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Spiriva?
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. eHealthMe is studying from 146,208 Spiriva users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nyquil?
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine. It is often used in cold symptoms. eHealthMe is studying from 1,727 Nyquil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Spiriva and Nyquil reports submitted per year:
Common Spiriva and Nyquil drug interactions by gender *:
- Hip fracture
- Anaphylactic reaction
- Upper-airway cough syndrome
- Infusion related reaction
- Cerebrovascular accident
- Lower respiratory tract infection
- Spinal fracture
Common Spiriva and Nyquil drug interactions by age *:
- Chest pain
- Anaphylactic reaction
- Spinal fracture
- Upper-airway cough syndrome
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 4 people, 19.05%
- Speech Disorder: 3 people, 14.29%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 14.29%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 14.29%
- Migraine (headache): 3 people, 14.29%
- Joint Stiffness: 3 people, 14.29%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 3 people, 14.29%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 14.29%
- Hair Growth Abnormal: 3 people, 14.29%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Spiriva and Nyquil?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Spiriva and Nyquil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Spiriva side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 25,652 reports
- Asthma: 11,243 reports
- Drug ineffective: 10,817 reports
- Pneumonia: 10,091 reports
- Cough: 9,912 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 7,121 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,940 reports
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 6,923 reports
Browse all side effects of Spiriva:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Nyquil side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 108 reports
Browse all side effects of Nyquil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Spiriva interactions:
- Spiriva and Symbicort: 18,992 reports
- Spiriva and Prednisone: 15,953 reports
- Spiriva and Albuterol: 15,059 reports
- Spiriva and Aspirin: 13,447 reports
- Spiriva and Advair hfa: 12,503 reports
- Spiriva and Singulair: 12,144 reports
- Spiriva and Furosemide: 8,925 reports
- Spiriva and Omeprazole: 7,861 reports
- Spiriva and Ventolin: 7,722 reports
- Spiriva and Lisinopril: 7,376 reports
Browse all interactions between Spiriva and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Nyquil interactions:
- Nyquil and Tylenol: 230 reports
- Nyquil and Dayquil: 224 reports
- Nyquil and Xyrem: 208 reports
- Nyquil and Aspirin: 185 reports
- Nyquil and Vitamin d: 180 reports
- Nyquil and Profen: 174 reports
- Nyquil and Ibu: 173 reports
- Nyquil and Mucinex: 118 reports
- Nyquil and Benadryl: 115 reports
- Nyquil and Omeprazole: 114 reports
Browse all interactions between Nyquil and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tiotropium bromide monohydrate and acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine (the active ingredients of Spiriva and Nyquil, respectively), and Spiriva and Nyquil (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Spiriva and Nyquil.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Clomipramine Hydrochloride and Hyperkalemia - a second ago
- Dalfampridine and Femoral Neck Fracture - 7 seconds ago
- Rybelsus and Hyperglycaemic Hyperosmolar Nonketotic Syndrome - 22 seconds ago
- Temaz and Vasogenic Cerebral Oedema - 27 seconds ago
- Seizures and Faecal Incontinence - 43 seconds ago
- Movement - Uncoordinated in Loratadine Redidose, how severe and when it was recovered? - 46 seconds ago
- Fibromyalgia in Mirena, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Visudyne and Renal Cyst - 2 minutes ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Renal Atrophy - 2 minutes ago
- Amlodipine and Granulocytosis - 2 minutes ago