Levaquin side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Levaquin. Common side effects include drug hypersensitivity among females and arthralgia among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 53,435 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
53,435 people who take Levaquin and have side effects are studied.
What is Levaquin?
Levaquin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 55,046 Levaquin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Levaquin reports submitted per year:
Levaquin side effects by time on the drug *:
Levaquin side effects by gender *:
Levaquin side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levaquin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bhuvan KC, ALrasheedy AA, Ibrahim MI, "A case report from Nepalese community pharmacy on levofloxacin induced severe abdominal pain", Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2013 Jul .
- MITTAL V, ARCHANA D, GUPTA A, SRIVASTAV U, CHANDRA V, SAXENA A, AGRAWAL P, "Aphasia: a Rarest Complication with a Well Known Drug Levofloxacin", Medical Science, 2013 Jan .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on levofloxacin (the active ingredients of Levaquin) and Levaquin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Levaquin:
- Levaquin (55,046 reports)
Common Levaquin side effects:
- Pain: 5,268 reports
- Joint pain: 4,266 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 4,027 reports
- Weakness: 3,848 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 3,741 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,545 reports
All Levaquin side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Symdeko and Riboflavin drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Azelastine Hydrochloride and Azithromycin drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Atovaquone and Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - 11 seconds ago
- Nasalcrom and Parathyroid Tumor Benign - 11 seconds ago
- Atenolol vs. Atacand Hct - 13 seconds ago
- Brintellix and Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Trigger Finger and drugs of ingredients of amlodipine besylate - 22 seconds ago
- Effexor and Thyroid Nodule - 22 seconds ago
- Norvasc and Niacin drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Aspirin and Spiriva drug interaction - 26 seconds ago