Methylphenidate hydrochloride side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Methylphenidate hydrochloride. Common side effects include drug ineffective among females and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 4,814 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,814 people who take Methylphenidate Hydrochloride and have side effects are studied.
What is Methylphenidate Hydrochloride?
Methylphenidate hydrochloride has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 5,264 Methylphenidate hydrochloride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Methylphenidate hydrochloride reports submitted per year:
Methylphenidate hydrochloride side effects by time on the drug *:
Methylphenidate hydrochloride side effects by gender *:
Methylphenidate hydrochloride side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methylphenidate hydrochloride?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Yektas ?, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Adak, I., & Coskun, M. , "Symptomatic cholelithiasis associated with combined use of methylphenidate and fluoxetine in an otherwise healthy adolescent girl", Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Coskun, M., & Adak, I. , "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2012 Jan .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Methylphenidate hydrochloride) and Methylphenidate hydrochloride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methylphenidate hydrochloride:
- Methylphenidate hydrochloride (5,264 reports)
Common Methylphenidate hydrochloride side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 702 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 291 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 289 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 244 reports
- Drowsiness: 224 reports
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 204 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 193 reports
All Methylphenidate hydrochloride side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Timolol Maleate and Zirgan drug interaction - now
- Tizanidine Hydrochloride and Corlanor drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Glycopyrrolate drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Valisone drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Lump In The Abdomen - 24 seconds ago
- Lincomycin and Imipenem And Cilastatin drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Labetalol Hydrochloride and Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Tizanidine Hydrochloride and Beconase Aq drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Abdominal Wall Disorder and drugs of ingredients of lamivudine; zidovudine; nevirapine - 29 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Ranexa drug interaction - 29 seconds ago