Actonel and Acne - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 28,600 people who have side effects when taking Actonel. Acne is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take Herceptin and have Vitiligo.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Actonel and have Acne. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
28,600 people reported to have side effects when taking Actonel.
Among them, 51 people (0.18%) have Acne.
What is Actonel?
Actonel has active ingredients of risedronate sodium. It is used in osteoporosis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 29,039 Actonel users.
What is Acne?
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) is found to be associated with 2,620 drugs and 2,214 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 173,296 people who have Acne.
Number of Actonel and Acne reports submitted per year:
Time on Actonel when people have Acne *:
- < 1 month: 11.11 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 88.89 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Actonel *:
- female: 88.89 %
- male: 11.11 %
Age of people who have Acne when taking Actonel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.38 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 26.19 %
- 40-49: 2.38 %
- 50-59: 35.71 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Actonel *:
- Metoclopramide: 13 people, 25.49%
- Herceptin: 13 people, 25.49%
- Doxycycline: 12 people, 23.53%
- Decadron: 11 people, 21.57%
- Neulasta: 11 people, 21.57%
- Lovenox: 11 people, 21.57%
- Pepcid: 11 people, 21.57%
- Leukine: 11 people, 21.57%
- Letrozole: 11 people, 21.57%
- Kytril: 11 people, 21.57%
Common side effects people have besides Acne *:
- Weight Increased: 26 people, 50.98%
- Pain: 21 people, 41.18%
- Rashes (redness): 18 people, 35.29%
- High Blood Pressure: 16 people, 31.37%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 15 people, 29.41%
- Depression: 13 people, 25.49%
- Hair Loss: 12 people, 23.53%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 12 people, 23.53%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 12 people, 23.53%
- Vulvovaginal Dryness: 12 people, 23.53%
Common conditions people have *:
- Vitiligo (pigment is lost from areas of the skin): 11 people, 21.57%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 9 people, 17.65%
- Pain: 4 people, 7.84%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 4 people, 7.84%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 7.84%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 4 people, 7.84%
- Retinal Vasculitis (a sight-threatening inflammatory eye condition that involves the retinal vessels): 3 people, 5.88%
- Uveitis (inflammation of the uvea): 3 people, 5.88%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 2 people, 3.92%
- Breast Cancer: 2 people, 3.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Actonel and have Acne?Check whether Acne is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hirschmann S, Gibel A, Tsvelikhovsky I, Lisker A, "Late-Onset Psychosis and Risedronate Treatment for Osteoporosis: A Case Report", Clinical schizophrenia & related psychoses, 2013 May .
- Ko KD, Cho BL, "Risedronate-related Localized Amnesia in an Elderly Patient with Osteoporosis", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2012 Dec .
Actonel side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Actonel side effects (29,039 reports)
Acne treatments and more:
- Acne (173,296 reports)
Common drugs associated with Acne:
- Adapalene: 38,089 reports
- Green tea: 16,709 reports
- Prednisone: 2,317 reports
- Humira: 2,002 reports
- Mirena: 1,867 reports
- Enbrel: 1,616 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,589 reports
- Vitamins: 1,365 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,359 reports
- Vitamin d: 1,093 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acne:
- Acne (2,620 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acne:
All the conditions that are associated with Acne:
- Acne (2,214 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on risedronate sodium (the active ingredients of Actonel) and Actonel (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Suboxone and Asa drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Myrbetriq and Picato drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Pancreatitis Aggravated - 14 seconds ago
- Alinia and Intelence drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Abilify and Theft - 24 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone and Prevalite drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Pertzye drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Zyflo and Furosemide drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Propoxyphene Napsylate And Acetaminophen and Quinine Sulfate drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate and Trimethoprim drug interaction - a minute ago