Aleve and Formication - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Formication is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aleve and have Formication. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 66,583 people who have side effects when taking Aleve from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
66,583 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve.
Among them, 30 people (0.05%) have Formication.
What is Aleve?
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 66,215 Aleve users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Formication?
Formication (a sensation that exactly resembles that of small insects crawling on (or under) the skin) is found to be associated with 1,445 drugs and 908 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aleve and Formication reports submitted per year:
Time on Aleve when people have Formication *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Formication when taking Aleve *:
- female: 73.33 %
- male: 26.67 %
Age of people who have Formication when taking Aleve *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 20.83 %
- 30-39: 4.17 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 29.17 %
- 60+: 45.83 %
Common drugs people take besides Aleve *:
- Lyrica: 5 people, 16.67%
- Cymbalta: 5 people, 16.67%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 10.00%
- Albuterol: 3 people, 10.00%
- Benadryl: 3 people, 10.00%
- Ocrevus: 3 people, 10.00%
- Flexeril: 3 people, 10.00%
- Clonazepam: 3 people, 10.00%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 6.67%
- Fentanyl Citrate: 2 people, 6.67%
Common side effects people have besides Formication *:
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 10 people, 33.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 9 people, 30.00%
- Feeling Abnormal: 7 people, 23.33%
- Abdominal Discomfort: 6 people, 20.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 20.00%
- Rashes (redness): 6 people, 20.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 20.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 16.67%
- Drug Ineffective: 5 people, 16.67%
- Pain In Extremity: 5 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 7 people, 23.33%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 4 people, 13.33%
- Back Pain: 4 people, 13.33%
- Joint Pain: 4 people, 13.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 10.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 10.00%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 3 people, 10.00%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 6.67%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 2 people, 6.67%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 2 people, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aleve and have Formication?Check whether Formication is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Formication and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of naproxen sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aleve:
- Aleve (66,215 reports)
Common Aleve side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 9,879 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,061 reports
- Pain: 3,045 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,536 reports
- Dizziness: 2,454 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,225 reports
Browse all side effects of Aleve:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Formication treatments and more:
- Formication (7,604 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Formication:
- Formication in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Formication in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Formication in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Formication:
- Lyrica: 449 reports
- Aspirin: 257 reports
- Omeprazole: 239 reports
- Cymbalta: 234 reports
- Prednisone: 208 reports
- Gabapentin: 199 reports
- Xanax: 192 reports
- Lisinopril: 181 reports
- Synthroid: 176 reports
- Oxycontin: 175 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Formication:
- Formication (1,445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Formication:
- Pain: 492 reports
- Depression: 454 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 362 reports
- High blood pressure: 339 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 295 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Formication:
- Formication (908 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on naproxen sodium (the active ingredients of Aleve) and Aleve (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bextra and Coronary Artery Restenosis - 12 seconds ago
- Myrbetriq and Diverticulitis - 20 seconds ago
- Constipation in Diovan, how severe and when it was recovered? - 25 seconds ago
- Fosrenol and Lunesta drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Irbesartan and Hyperhidrosis - 28 seconds ago
- Insulin and Doxycycline drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Zoledronic and Vitamin D2 drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Minipress and Zelnorm drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Cytovene Iv drug interaction - a minute ago
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Bupivacaine drug interaction - a minute ago