Ativan and Agoraphobia - from FDA reports
Agoraphobia is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Agoraphobia with Ativan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,976 people who have side effects when taking Ativan from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 23, 2017
46,976 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan.
Among them, 48 people (0.1%) have Agoraphobia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ativan when people have Agoraphobia *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 25 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Agoraphobia when taking Ativan *:
- female: 37.78 %
- male: 62.22 %
Age of people who have Agoraphobia when taking Ativan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 10.53 %
- 20-29: 18.42 %
- 30-39: 21.05 %
- 40-49: 15.79 %
- 50-59: 28.95 %
- 60+: 5.26 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (8 people, 16.67%)
- Road Traffic Accident (7 people, 14.58%)
- Pain (7 people, 14.58%)
- Neck Pain (6 people, 12.50%)
- Parkinson's Disease (4 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (19 people, 39.58%)
- Valium (18 people, 37.50%)
- Neurontin (15 people, 31.25%)
- Xanax (13 people, 27.08%)
- Prozac (11 people, 22.92%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Panic Disorder (26 people, 54.17%)
- Depression (23 people, 47.92%)
- Suicidal Ideation (21 people, 43.75%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (15 people, 31.25%)
- Dizziness (14 people, 29.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Agoraphobia when taking Ativan?
- Check symptoms - is agoraphobia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAgoraphobia and drugs with ingredients of lorazepam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAgoraphobia and Ativan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 50,576 users)
Agoraphobia (extreme or irrational fear of crowded spaces or enclosed public places) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, pain, quit smoking, panic disorder (latest reports from 1,329 Agoraphobia patients).
Browse all side effects of Ativana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AgoraphobiaAgoraphobia
Could your condition cause AgoraphobiaAgoraphobia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
Hi I used to take 1mg of lorazepam with 10 mg of olanzapine at night for sleep for five years i have to combine both to sleep. I have issues with past traumatic events in my life that cause anxiety and depression. I worked one day ten hours hard masonsry labour in 40 Celsius weather and still ...
I am a 54 year old woman, and am working with a natural based compound pharmacist/NP to help balance my hormones. My periods stopped a few months ago. My cortisol is out of whack due partly to prolonged stress/trauma. I have dealt with anxiety off and on the past several years. My anxiety is ...