Augmentin and Obs - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Obs is reported only by a few people who take Augmentin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Augmentin and have Obs. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,861 people who have side effects while taking Augmentin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
37,861 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin.
Among them, 1 person (0.0%) has Obs.
What is Augmentin?
Augmentin has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 39,139 Augmentin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Obs?
Obs is found to be associated with 211 drugs and 174 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Augmentin and Obs reports submitted per year:
Time on Augmentin when people have Obs *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Obs when taking Augmentin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Obs when taking Augmentin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Augmentin *:
- Zocor: 1 person, 100.00%
- Nexium 24hr: 1 person, 100.00%
- Calcium: 1 person, 100.00%
- Coreg: 1 person, 100.00%
- Cozaar: 1 person, 100.00%
- Glucophage: 1 person, 100.00%
- Heparin: 1 person, 100.00%
- Hydrocodone: 1 person, 100.00%
- Imdur: 1 person, 100.00%
- Levemir: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Obs *:
- Renal Tubular Necrosis (death of kidney tubules): 1 person, 100.00%
- Nephrogenic Anaemia (anaemia due to kidney disease): 1 person, 100.00%
- Myocardial Ischaemia (the blood flow through one or more of the blood vessels that lead to heart (coronary arteries) is decreased): 1 person, 100.00%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 1 person, 100.00%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 1 person, 100.00%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 1 person, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 100.00%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 1 person, 100.00%
- Panic Reaction: 1 person, 100.00%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 1 person, 100.00%
- Injury: 1 person, 100.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 100.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 100.00%
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 100.00%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Augmentin and have Obs?Check whether Obs is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Obs and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Augmentin:
- Augmentin (39,139 reports)
Common Augmentin side effects:
- Fever: 3,145 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,747 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,646 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,223 reports
- Pain: 2,144 reports
- Pneumonia: 2,020 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,017 reports
Browse all side effects of Augmentin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Obs treatments and more:
- Obs (255 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Obs:
- Obs in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Obs in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Obs in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Obs:
- Obs (211 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Obs:
- Obs (174 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium (the active ingredients of Augmentin) and Augmentin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tamiflu and Urine Discoloration - now
- Palynziq and Pneumonia - a second ago
- Cardura vs. Saw Palmetto - 2 seconds ago
- Cholestyramine and Failure To Thrive - 4 seconds ago
- Cefepime Hydrochloride and Cefuroxime Axetil drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Marijuana and Synthroid drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Nor-Qd and Memory Loss - 7 seconds ago
- Dimetapp vs. Ventolin - 11 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Lys drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Enlarged Prostate - 13 seconds ago