Bactrim and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Death with Bactrim. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,323 people who have side effects when taking Bactrim from FDA , and is updated regularly.
42,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim.
Among them, 908 people (2.15%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 35.16 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.26 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.59 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.48 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.3 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.2 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Bactrim *:
- female: 41.13 %
- male: 58.87 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Bactrim *:
- 0-1: 1.98 %
- 2-9: 1.22 %
- 10-19: 1.52 %
- 20-29: 1.98 %
- 30-39: 7.16 %
- 40-49: 12.65 %
- 50-59: 17.53 %
- 60+: 55.95 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 169 people, 18.61%
- Preventive Health Care: 81 people, 8.92%
- Hiv Infection: 75 people, 8.26%
- Pain: 43 people, 4.74%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 34 people, 3.74%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone: 120 people, 13.22%
- Lasix: 113 people, 12.44%
- Revlimid: 99 people, 10.90%
- Decadron: 98 people, 10.79%
- Zometa: 81 people, 8.92%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 115 people, 12.67%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 108 people, 11.89%
- Breathing Difficulty: 102 people, 11.23%
- Weakness: 89 people, 9.80%
- Stress And Anxiety: 84 people, 9.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Bactrim and have Death?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Death
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 44,580 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Death patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath (3,303 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeathDeath (3,510 conditions)
Bactrim side effects
- Bactrim side effects (42,346 reports)
Browse all side effects of Bactrima b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Bactrim and have Death
- Support group for people who have Death
- Support group for people who take Bactrim
You may be interested in these posts
- Well, it all started as nothing more than me trying to increase my already huge erections. The porn stopped working, so I asked my doctor to help. Since my doctor was grotesquely ugly, and unattractive it prescribed me these medications. First I got aids, then the rectal bleeding and swollen...
- Hi my name is nicole 44 years old I am taking zarelto for dvt -pe prevention
- Hello, my name is Sue, I took Bactrim for about 3 months and even though I have been off it for about a week now I still can't taste Foods very much, just wondering how long this will last. Any ideas?
- I have Reynauds and multiple other conditions.
- I was prescribed Bactrim after vaginal mesh surgery created multiple uti I was on it for 5 years. Now I have been diagnosed with pat, pvc, and pac of the heart. Could long term Bactrim use be the culprit?
- Will you have Leukocytosis with Rhinocort?
- Will you have Irregular Heart Beat with Lipitor?
- Will you have Dysplasia with Humira?
- Will you have Bleeding Varicose Vein with Dysphasia?
- Will you have Nasopharyngitis with Hydroxyurea?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Rhinocort and have Leukocytosis?
- Support group for people who take Lipitor and have Irregular Heart Beat?
- Support group for people who take Humira and have Dysplasia?
- Support group for people who have Dysphasia and Bleeding Varicose Vein?
- Support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Nasopharyngitis?
- What to expect when you take Rhinocort and have Leukocytosis?
- What to expect when you take Lipitor and have Irregular Heart Beat?
- What to expect when you take Humira and have Dysplasia?
- What to expect when you have Dysphasia and Bleeding Varicose Vein?
- What to expect when you take Hydroxyurea and have Nasopharyngitis?
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Zyprexa
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Lovenox, Tramadol
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Robaxin-750, Cambia, Lexapro, Omeprazole
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Clonidine, Ultram, Lamictal Xr, Neurontin
- A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Effexor Xr
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.