Buspar and Muscle atrophy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Muscle atrophy is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Buspar and have Muscle atrophy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,539 people who have side effects when taking Buspar from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,539 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar.
Among them, 13 people (0.08%) have Muscle atrophy.
What is Buspar?
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 19,149 Buspar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Muscle atrophy?
Muscle atrophy (a decrease in the mass of the muscle) is found to be associated with 2,311 drugs and 1,818 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Buspar and Muscle atrophy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Muscle atrophy when taking Buspar *:
- female: 23.08 %
- male: 76.92 %
Age of people who have Muscle atrophy when taking Buspar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 27.27 %
- 30-39: 9.09 %
- 40-49: 27.27 %
- 50-59: 18.18 %
- 60+: 18.18 %
Common drugs people take besides Buspar *:
- Paxil: 7 people, 53.85%
- Prozac: 5 people, 38.46%
- Prednisone: 4 people, 30.77%
- Ativan: 4 people, 30.77%
- Lexapro: 3 people, 23.08%
- Klonopin: 3 people, 23.08%
- Atenolol: 3 people, 23.08%
- Zestril: 3 people, 23.08%
- Neurontin: 2 people, 15.38%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Muscle atrophy *:
- Weakness: 7 people, 53.85%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 38.46%
- Confusional State: 5 people, 38.46%
- Breathing Difficulty: 5 people, 38.46%
- Pain: 5 people, 38.46%
- Headache (pain in head): 4 people, 30.77%
- Feeling Abnormal: 4 people, 30.77%
- Joint Pain: 4 people, 30.77%
- Pain In Extremity: 4 people, 30.77%
- Suicidal Ideation: 4 people, 30.77%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 4 people, 30.77%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 15.38%
- Bacterial Prostatitis (bacterial infection of the prostate gland): 2 people, 15.38%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 15.38%
- Bruxism (habitual grinding of the teeth, typically during sleep): 2 people, 15.38%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 15.38%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 15.38%
- Device Related Infection: 2 people, 15.38%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 15.38%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Buspar and have Muscle atrophy?Check whether Muscle atrophy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Muscle atrophy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Buspar:
- Buspar (19,149 reports)
Common Buspar side effects:
- Stress and anxiety: 1,605 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,244 reports
- Depression: 1,199 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,196 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,147 reports
- Pain: 1,084 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 982 reports
Browse all side effects of Buspar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Muscle atrophy treatments and more:
- Muscle atrophy (13,450 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Muscle atrophy:
- Muscle atrophy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Muscle atrophy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Muscle atrophy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Muscle atrophy:
- Lipitor: 916 reports
- Prednisone: 752 reports
- Aspirin: 713 reports
- Simvastatin: 586 reports
- Metformin: 501 reports
- Humira: 497 reports
- Avonex: 412 reports
- Methotrexate: 405 reports
- Lisinopril: 368 reports
- Amlodipine: 366 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Muscle atrophy:
- Muscle atrophy (2,311 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Muscle atrophy:
- High blood cholesterol: 1,136 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 799 reports
- High blood pressure: 730 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 524 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Muscle atrophy:
- Muscle atrophy (1,818 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on buspirone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Buspar) and Buspar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Imipramine Pamoate and Cataplexy - 3 seconds ago
- Theophyl and Mucosal Erosion - 26 seconds ago
- How effective is Lortab for Toothaches? - 29 seconds ago
- Ativan and Bezoar - 29 seconds ago
- Allegra and Infusion Site Urticaria - 34 seconds ago
- Diphen and Tendonitis Exacerbated - 55 seconds ago
- Abacavir Sulfate And Lamivudine and Haloperidol drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Capecitabine and Neosporin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Ancef and Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (Dub) - a minute ago
- Xopenex and Type I Hypersensitivity - a minute ago