Carbidopa and Urinary retention - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Urinary retention is found among people who take Carbidopa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Carbidopa and have Urinary retention. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,451 people who have side effects when taking Carbidopa from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,451 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa.
Among them, 12 people (0.49%) have Urinary retention.
What is Carbidopa?
Carbidopa has active ingredients of carbidopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 2,476 Carbidopa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Urinary retention?
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) is found to be associated with 2,304 drugs and 1,595 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Carbidopa and Urinary retention reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Carbidopa *:
- female: 63.64 %
- male: 36.36 %
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Carbidopa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Carbidopa *:
- Nuplazid: 5 people, 41.67%
- Exelon: 4 people, 33.33%
- Movicol: 4 people, 33.33%
- Sinemet: 3 people, 25.00%
- Protonix: 3 people, 25.00%
- Nexium: 2 people, 16.67%
- Ambien: 2 people, 16.67%
- Asa: 2 people, 16.67%
- Carbidopa And Levodopa: 2 people, 16.67%
- Cymbalta: 2 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Urinary retention *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 50.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 5 people, 41.67%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 4 people, 33.33%
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 4 people, 33.33%
- Abdominal Pain: 4 people, 33.33%
- Abdominal Tenderness: 4 people, 33.33%
- Dementia (madness): 4 people, 33.33%
- Faecaloma (hard mass of fecal matter): 4 people, 33.33%
- Gastrointestinal Sounds Abnormal: 4 people, 33.33%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 4 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 5 people, 41.67%
- Delusion (a false belief or opinion): 5 people, 41.67%
- Psychotic Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition: 2 people, 16.67%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 1 person, 8.33%
- Prostatic Disorder: 1 person, 8.33%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 1 person, 8.33%
- Pain: 1 person, 8.33%
- Nervousness: 1 person, 8.33%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 8.33%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Carbidopa and have Urinary retention?Check whether Urinary retention is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
How severe was Urinary retention and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of carbidopa:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Carbidopa:
- Carbidopa (2,476 reports)
Common Carbidopa side effects:
Browse all side effects of Carbidopa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Urinary retention treatments and more:
- Urinary retention (38,103 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Urinary retention:
- Urinary retention in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Urinary retention in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Urinary retention in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Urinary retention:
All the drugs that are associated with Urinary retention:
- Urinary retention (2,304 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Urinary retention:
All the conditions that are associated with Urinary retention:
- Urinary retention (1,595 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carbidopa (the active ingredients of Carbidopa) and Carbidopa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Triphasil-28 and Pupillary Reflex Impaired - 2 seconds ago
- Zoledronic Acid and Dyspnea At Rest - 3 seconds ago
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride and Rash Erythematous - 3 seconds ago
- Probiotics and Clindamycin Phosphate And Benzoyl Peroxide drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Duac and Jaundice - Yellow Skin - 7 seconds ago
- Pegasys and Premature Rupture Of Membranes - 8 seconds ago
- Depakene and Tracleer drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Bystolic and Nitro-Dur drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Ziac and Oruvail drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Vitamin D and Chest Wall Abscess - 15 seconds ago