Cosentyx and Itching - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Itching is found among people who take Cosentyx, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cosentyx and have Itching. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 141,444 people who have side effects when taking Cosentyx from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
141,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Cosentyx.
Among them, 7,536 people (5.33%) have Itching.
What is Cosentyx?
Cosentyx has active ingredients of secukinumab. It is often used in psoriatic arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 141,646 Cosentyx users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Itching?
Itching is found to be associated with 4,484 drugs and 4,368 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cosentyx and Itching reports submitted per year:
Time on Cosentyx when people have Itching *:
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Cosentyx*:
Age of people who have Itching when taking Cosentyx *:
Common drugs people take besides Cosentyx *:
Common side effects people have besides Itching *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cosentyx and have Itching?Check whether Itching is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Itching and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of secukinumab:
- Itching and drugs with ingredients of secukinumab (5,886 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cosentyx:
- Cosentyx (141,646 reports)
Common Cosentyx side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 24,399 reports
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 21,919 reports
- Pain: 14,000 reports
- Joint pain: 12,306 reports
- Rashes (redness): 9,379 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 7,934 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,884 reports
- Itching: 7,536 reports
Browse all side effects of Cosentyx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Itching treatments and more:
- Itching (330,813 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Itching:
- Itching in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Itching in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Itching in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Itching:
- Prednisone: 14,612 reports
- Aspirin: 12,993 reports
- Humira: 12,525 reports
- Methotrexate: 11,908 reports
- Enbrel: 11,906 reports
- Dupixent: 11,478 reports
- Adapalene: 11,476 reports
- Metformin: 7,611 reports
- Cosentyx: 7,536 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,534 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Itching:
- Itching (4,484 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Itching:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 16,747 reports
- Psoriasis: 12,849 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 12,545 reports
- High blood pressure: 11,848 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,972 reports
- Acne: 7,656 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Itching:
- Itching (4,368 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on secukinumab (the active ingredients of Cosentyx) and Cosentyx (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vyepti and Drowsiness - 2 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate and Arg drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Vasculitic Rash - 14 seconds ago
- Adempas and Pericardial Effusion - 24 seconds ago
- Dexilant and Dermatitis - Atopic - 28 seconds ago
- Dexilant and Eczema - 28 seconds ago
- Singulair and Smoke Sensitivity - 29 seconds ago
- L-Glutamine and Acne - 38 seconds ago
- Ovarian Cysts in Pantoprazole, how severe and when it was recovered? - 39 seconds ago
- Tizanidine Hydrochloride and Hepatocellular Carcinoma - 39 seconds ago