Will you have Hyperglycemia with Cozaar - from FDA reports
Hyperglycemia is found among people who take Cozaar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Neoplasm malignant. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,791 people who have side effects when taking Cozaar from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Cozaar) and Cozaar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Hyperglycemia are also considered in the study.
What is Cozaar?
Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Cozaar 37,171 users)
What is Hyperglycemia?
Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 30,375 Hyperglycemia patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
35,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Cozaar.
Among them, 219 people (0.61%) have Hyperglycemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cozaar when people have Hyperglycemia *:
- < 1 month: 7.69 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.08 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 53.85 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.69 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 7.69 %
Gender of people who have Hyperglycemia when taking Cozaar *:
- female: 69.72 %
- male: 30.28 %
Age of people who have Hyperglycemia when taking Cozaar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.29 %
- 40-49: 17.99 %
- 50-59: 17.99 %
- 60+: 58.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Calcium Deficiency (lack of calcium): 32 people, 14.61%
- Metastases To Spine (cancer spreads to spine): 32 people, 14.61%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 32 people, 14.61%
- Lung Neoplasm (tumour of lung): 31 people, 14.16%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 22 people, 10.05%
- Pain: 14 people, 6.39%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 14 people, 6.39%
- Diabetes: 14 people, 6.39%
- Depression: 13 people, 5.94%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 12 people, 5.48%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 88 people, 40.18%
- Synthroid: 59 people, 26.94%
- Protonix: 58 people, 26.48%
- Vioxx: 56 people, 25.57%
- Aspirin: 53 people, 24.20%
- Furosemide: 50 people, 22.83%
- Zometa: 48 people, 21.92%
- Celexa: 46 people, 21.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 45 people, 20.55%
- Lortab: 44 people, 20.09%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia: 85 people, 38.81%
- Weakness: 72 people, 32.88%
- Stress And Anxiety: 72 people, 32.88%
- Headache (pain in head): 70 people, 31.96%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 68 people, 31.05%
- Dizziness: 68 people, 31.05%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 67 people, 30.59%
- Pain: 66 people, 30.14%
- Injury: 66 people, 30.14%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 61 people, 27.85%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hyperglycemia while taking Cozaar?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hyperglycemia
- Subscribe to monitor Hyperglycemia in Cozaar
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Cozaar and have Hyperglycemia
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Hyperglycemia with Cozaar
Severity of Hyperglycemia *:
- least: 37.5 %
- moderate: 62.5 %
- severe: 0.0 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
How people recovered from Hyperglycemia *:
- while on drug: 0.0 %
- after off the drug: 0.0 %
- not yet: 100 %
Effectiveness of Cozaar when people have Hyperglycemia *:
- not at all: 0.0 %
- somewhat: 14.29 %
- moderate: 42.86 %
- high: 42.86 %
- very high: 0.0 %
Race of the people *:
- African American, Non-Hispanic: 0.0 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.0 %
- Asian: 0.0 %
- Hispanic: 0.0 %
- Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders: 0.0 %
- Two or more races: 0.0 %
- White, Non-Hispanic: 100 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with HyperglycemiaHyperglycemia (2,312 drugs)
Could your condition cause HyperglycemiaHyperglycemia (1,938 conditions)
Cozaar side effects
- Cozaar side effects (35,799 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Cozaara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Radiation Leukopenia with Medroxyprogesterone Acetate? - now
- Will you have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome with Clonidine? - now
- Clindamycin Phosphate and G6S drug interaction - now
- Will you have Loss Of Smell with Brovana? - a second ago
- Will you have Loss Of Sense Of Smell with Brovana? - a second ago
- Will you have Anosmia with Brovana? - a second ago
- Will you have Smell - Impaired with Brovana? - a second ago
- Will you have Radiation Oesophagitis with Acetaminophen? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Injury with Optiray 300? - 3 seconds ago
- Exelon and Jamguarandi drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Adderall 10, Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Carbidopa - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Lasix, Temazepam - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Prempro/premphase, Armour Thyroid, Adderall 30, Xanax - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Pravastatin Sodium, Fenofibrate, Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Diclofenac Sodium - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Aeroseb-dex, Parafon Forte Dsc - 7 hours ago
- Prediction of Mirtazapine, Ramipril, Creatine for a 43 year old man - 9 hours ago
- Prediction of Ramipril, Mirtazapine for a 43 year old man - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Dutasteride - 9 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.